Can someone clarify regarding Early Saver Fares please?

pebblesjns

I have tried searching but haven't come across exactly what I'm asking so I was hoping someone might know to help me.

I have called Carnival directly and been working with a TA to get the best deal and to answer my questions and have been given contradictory information so I figured someone here might know who is correct. If the TA is wrong, I know not to book through her!

I am looking to book a cruise next year under the Early Saver fare. Only problem is I am 5 months pregnant and won't know the name or birthdate of this baby until October (which is fine and we will hopefully still be able to get Early Saver fare then if worst comes to the worst).

When I spoke with Carnival, I asked if I could book a quad balcony room with only 3 people and then add the baby when I have a name and birthdate. She told me that it would be no problem to do it that way. I was then trying to book with my TA and she told me that I could not add people to the Early Saver room later because there would be a $50 charge per person. The way I understood the $50 change fee is that it is only charged if you change ships/sailings.

So is it possible to book a quad room with less people under the Early Saver rate or would I be responsible for paying a fee to add someone else to the reservation later?

Thanks for your help!

I

When I spoke with Carnival, I asked if I could book a quad balcony room with only 3 people and then add the baby when I have a name and birthdate. She told me that it would be no problem to do it that way. I was then trying to book with my TA and she told me that I could not add people to the Early Saver room later because there would be a $50 charge per person. The way I understood the $50 change fee is that it is only charged if you change ships/sailings.

So is it possible to book a quad room with less people under the Early Saver rate or would I be responsible for paying a fee to add someone else to the reservation later?

Thanks for your help!

The part I highlighted in red is totally made up .. incorrect, what have you. Its not true.

Though the answer is not as direct as you want. Some times you can book 3 into a quad and sometimes it is capacity controlled. You cannot always add another person later either, if the area of your cabin, the life boat is filled up.

The $50 is if you are cancelling and rebooking, there is a $50 fee.

Also, on OTHER rates, not ES, if you put in a fake name, there is a $50 fee to change names.

With ES you cannot change names, or put it in with a fake name and cange it later unless you cancel to rebook which would be silly. No name changes with ES.

Your TA is wrong, simple as that, but remember that the baby has to be six months old on the day of embarkation to sail. There is no problem booking three people in a quad room, and there is no concern about lifeboat issues because the lifeboats are designated based on all rooms being at maximum capacity. You do not need to worry about the $50 fee. Also remember that infants get sick very easily and there is really no medical care on the ship.

Thank you both so much for your replies. That's what I figured but wanted to be sure in case I completely misunderstood the rules. I will not be going with that TA, that is for sure!

We are looking at a cruise that will put our new baby over 6 months of age, no worry there. And I know that infants can get sick very easily, one of my concerns with the cruise being no medical care on the boat. But assuming we have a happy, healthy baby and our pediatrician gives the go ahead we will go on with our plans. I am purchasing travel insurance just in case we either have to cancel or something happens while on the ship (which I hope neither is the case). I know our other son got the swine flu at 8 weeks old just by being at home so things can happen anywhere, talk about a nightmare!

Archived