Solstice class hc cabins

H2OH!

What is the size difference between sky suite hc acessible and the AQua class or concierge class. When i travel with my mom who uses a scooter, we typically book a sky suite or sky suite hc accessible. Am wanting to hear from folks who have stayed in a regular sky suite and compare to size of AQ or CC handicap accessible cabin.

In the past mom could tolerate getting a regular sky suite if hc sky suites were sold out however, during our last cruise she was unable to get off toilet without assistance and she could not lift her legs over the tub at all. So sponge bathing it was. It is no longer safe with her gait problems to get non HC cabins. So.....Since there are more HC accessible cabins in different categories, i am curious as to the size differences with AQ and CC. She will miss the butler but that is a different issue. :)

Any help, pictures and guidance is appreciated!!

Amy

The AQ and CC accessible cabins have the same square footage as the regular Sky Suites on S-Class ships, according to the Celebrity website. No butler or free espresso, though ;)

We have cruised in an accessible CC on Solstice, and have an accessible AQ booked on Reflection later this year. The accessibility appointments are excellent, and there is plenty of room for a scooter to navigate (we had a scooter and a manual chair for use in port).

I have some pictures in my signature file, below. Hope you enjoy your cruise!

I've seen these cabins on a Solstice cruise last year. The accessible sky suite is 362 sqft. The accessible AQ and CC are smaller at 299 sqft.

Click on this link to see accessible cabins in each category.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/ships/detail.do?shipCode=SL#staterooms/explore/ships/staterooms.do%3FshipCode=SL

Darcie and GRBlizz,

Thank you for your thoughts. I had read on celebrity boards that the cabins were around 300 sf so wanted to hear directly from folks who had stayed in these cabins. again, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

On Celebrity ships, the HC cabins are 50% larger than AB cabins.

On Solstice class, aqua and concierge and regular balcony are all the same size, only the amenities are different. Also on S class there are automatic doors, both for your cabin and many public areas, especially bathrooms, which is great if you are using a scooter.

I have used Celebrity while in a manual wheelchair, rental scooter, four wheeled walker, and now a cane or three wheeled walker. The crew has been extremely helpful in every case.

Have a wonderful trip,

GC

I travel with a TravelScoot 3 wheeled electric mobility scooter, and was in a Concierge Class Accessible cabin on Eclipse this past April. Plenty of room to park the scooter and get around (I use a cane, but walker and/or wheelchair would also have worked). Bathroom was very large, large roll-in shower with seat if one needed, lots of grab bars in shower & around toilet. This cabin was very accomodating. :)

David

We stayed in Sky Suite 2 HC on Silhouette -- large couch, comfortable, plenty of shelf storage for clothes. On same ship in AQ HC the couch is a HARD 1/2 loveseat and NO shelves (not even over bed like other AQ) in room. Both rooms had plenty of turn space for scooter, but much preferred sky suite. Vicki:)

I travel with a TravelScoot 3 wheeled electric mobility scooter, and was in a Concierge Class Accessible cabin on Eclipse this past April. Plenty of room to park the scooter and get around (I use a cane, but walker and/or wheelchair would also have worked). Bathroom was very large, large roll-in shower with seat if one needed, lots of grab bars in shower & around toilet. This cabin was very accomodating. :)

David

How do you like your Travelscoot ??? Am considering one for DH who weighs 280 # --- do you think he is too heavy ??? Also, is the Travelscoot "tippsy" ? He has some upper body balance issues when he walks, sometimes.

How do you like your Travelscoot ??? Am considering one for DH who weighs 280 # --- do you think he is too heavy ??? Also, is the Travelscoot "tippsy" ? He has some upper body balance issues when he walks, sometimes.

I am VERY hppy with my TravelScoot. It is not at all "tipsy" so long as I do not try to make sharp turns at "high" speed, and take rounded curbs and other speed bump like obstacles straight on, rather that on an angle. In other words, with common sence and prudence it is a perfectly safe and stable scooter.

Walking, I use a cane for stability. The TravelScoot requires that I be able to use my feet/legs for backing up and sometimes to help slowing down and maneuvering in tight spaces.

I weigh about 250 and the scoot works very well for me. Even people weighing upwards of 300 lbs. have reported on these boards that it works well for them. Hope this has been helpful. There are also many other TravelScoot posts from other users in other threads on this forum.

David

Archived