Legend (or ANY ship) obsessed..

myangel

We have been on 16 cruises, 4 with Princess and 12 with Carnival, and have been on 8 different ships.We went on the Legend for the first time in December of 2010. Well............ since then We went again Dec 2011 and January 2012. Well guess what? I want to sail the Legend AGAIN on our next cruise. My husband thinks I am nuts. Is there anyone else that has an "obsession" with one particuliar ship? My reasons are we know where to stay pre-cruise in Tampa, where to eat pre-cruise, how early to get to the port, where to stand in line, etc......... everything has become so familiar, and I love it that way, it is comforting ! Then there is the beautiful ship, I just love the Legend!! Our work schedules do not allow us to take longer then 7 day cruises, so we are kind of limited to East/West carribean because I only like ports that we can drive to, as flying adds so much to the cost of our cruises. We have been to the same ports over and over again, I just love staying on the ship and relaxing for 7 straight days! My husband has agreed once again to take me on Legend number FOUR in December. So.............is there anyone else that feels like I do, or am I one crazy woman??? :)

I live near Charleston, SC, which is the home port for the Fantasy. We have sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale, Jacksonville, and Charleston. We will only sail out of Charleston again. We like the convenience of the port being so close to home. I also like the fact that there haven't been any lines to deal with in Charleston.

OP sounds to me more like you just like convenience, as much as the ship.

I would go out of Galveston over any other port, whichever ship is offered, NOLA next if the price is really good.

Its not the ship .. though I like Triumph and Magic, Conquest Im only so so about .. but I love being able to drive to the port. Ill take the best deals I can find. I really love Galveston.

The same here. Been on 7 cruises last two on The Legend what an amazing crew they have won the Carnival funship title!! Everyone takes the time to get to know you. Going on Paradise soon and I sort of feel guilty hope they can meet my expectations.

To be honest, Legend is our favorite ship also. We will be sailing on her for the fourth time in October.

That is not to say that other ships don't have their high points, but somehow, each time we have been on the Legend, we find the service and the crew to be very friendly as compared to others. We have been on the Dream twice, the Liberty, and the Valor for the third time (our second favorite) since our last Legend cruise. We cant wait for our Legend cruise.

We fly from AZ so it isn't a matter of convienience. Any port in Florida is still a flight. We just really enjoy the Legend. We will really hate to see her go across the pond soon.

We are doing the Legend for the second time. Love the ship and the itinerary-favorite though is The Fascination, we are odd, but love the Bahamas, Key West, , but I'm sure that we will have a blast again on the Legend. I think the food is better on the Fatnasy class of ship,and I love the smoking area in the back of the ship, the private areas, but I'm sure I wont suffer on the Legend again.:D

While I like the Legend as a ship, the food was horrible (and cold) and we had a bad experience with couple of the staff members. I think the CD is a flop too. With that being said Tampa has an awesome port, but I think next time I will try something out of PC or Miami. Have fun where ever you go!:)

\ My reasons are we know where to stay pre-cruise in Tampa, where to eat pre-cruise, how early to get to the port, where to stand in line, etc......... everything has become so familiar, and I love it that way, it is comforting !

:)

That's exactly how I feel about Fascination! Going on Legend for first time in September. Where do you stay in Tampa?

I don't have an obsession with any particular ship....any cruise, any time is fine with me.

That said, I LOVED THE LEGEND!!! Favorite Carnival ship so far and I would love to sail on her again. It all came together perfectly on that one; good food, great weather, good entertainment, I sailed with my best friend, etc. I'm almost afraid to do it again and have it not be so fabulous.

Thanks for all your replies............. so I am not crazy after all hahaha. While in Tampa we always stay at the Hamptoni Inn Rocky Point, although I heard the Holiday inn right next door is good too, but I like those Hilton Hhonor points! They have a cruise package (free shuttle to the port and back) but we like to get to the port early, so we take a cab (United) $25 that picks us up at 9:30am. (first shuttle is at 11am, too late for me :) )

We always see the Valor following us to ports and my husband wants to go on the Valor, but I need one more time on the Legend!!! :D

We loved the Legend last September and going again this September. Wee Jimmy was CD along with his wonderful assistant and a great time was had by all. Does anyone know if James will still be CD this September? We are hoping for a good Piano Bar entertainer as the one last year was rather strange. Played music great but didn't sing, at all. The food was fantastic, we went to the Steak House for my friends birthday and will go again the 1st night. We usually stay at the Tahian Inn but got a really good rate at the Hyatt Regency downtown this year so going to try it out.

I agree that the Legend is a great ship, Tampa is a wonderful port, so easy for embarkation and disembark, a really nice city and only an hour drive. 3 months till back on the ship!!!!

For me it has always been the Carnival Glory! Loved it the first time because the crew seems to go above and beyond even more than any other ship. I also love the ship itself. We took it a second time only because we had a last minute offer and I was amazed to see a completely different crew, but the same above and beyond service. I will probably travel on it again in the future!

I feel this way about the Pride. The port is only about 30 to 40 mins from my house and it's a very easy port to sail from. I visit my DGrD a lot when she's away at school and to get to U of MD in College Park I have often seen the Pride in port right from I-95 as I'm driving home on Sundays. I love the size of this ship and I feel like I'm going to my 2nd home when I cruise on her. Going on my 4th Pride cruise in 3 yrs this Sept. Have also been on the Glory and Sensation, but Pride is my ship of choice.

I'm just obsessed with cruising totally...its like a disease that I have. I love being on the water, wind in my face, any location, any ship...so yes I am obsessed.

When we are booked I spend every day on these boards...picking out excursions and checking hotel ratings. My husband has already picked on me he says the closer it get the less sleep that I get due to be being so excited. We are leaving this Friday to drive to Florida so hopefully I will sleep this week.

Archived