Am I still Gold with 19 days sailed and a 12 day Breeze Cruise in 2 weeks?

avd79

Hi all, I'm trying to understand how the "grandfathering" works. My husband and I have 19 days sailed with Carnival and will be on the Breeze on July 9th (12 days). Will I be considered Red or Gold? Will they "grandfather" us to Gold on this cruise or must I wait for the next?

Carnival has always recognized and still does that when you hit a loyalty level on your next cruise, that is your level when you board. Your boarding docs should say gold.

Your card should be gold.

Nothing to do with grandfathering.. just confuses the issue. (they did mention grandfathering.. if you hit 10 cruises by the end of next year you are platinum grandfathered in .. a completely different thing)

Since you hit 25 days during your next cruise, you will be gold when you board.

Hi all, I'm trying to understand how the "grandfathering" works. My husband and I have 19 days sailed with Carnival and will be on the Breeze on July 9th (12 days). Will I be considered Red or Gold? Will they "grandfather" us to Gold on this cruise or must I wait for the next?

You should be gold at the start of your cruise. I am in the same boat with my July cruise. When imprinted my boarding pass in the upper middle of the pass it says my VIFP status as gold. I would check there and it should say gold.

Enjoy your cruise.

Everyone phrased it correct "Should Be" at the start of your cruise.

Carnival did list it this way in the rules of the program -

Not withstanding the foregoing, in the event a Member books a Cruise in which such Member will attain the necessary VIFP Points to reach a new Level during or by the end of such Cruise (a “Crossover Cruise”), CCL may, in its sole discretion, offer such Member the Benefits offered to Members of the higher Level during the Crossover Cruise.

We have 24 points toward the 25 we need to be Gold again. Our vacation planner put me on hold and called on this. She told me we would be Gold because we will pass the 25 on cruise. The same thing should happen to you.

If we are handed Red cards, I guess we will just live with it. I don't want to start my cruise off with a problem they won't solve.

The way I understand it, if you will be meeting the requirements for gold during your cruise, you will be gold at embarkation. We are also at 19 days and when we look at our cruise documents online, it lists us as gold for our November cruise.

Archived