Transportation from MIA to FLL

CRUISING71

Hello,

Our cruise is leaving out FLL, but we found an awesome flight deal into MIA.

What is the best mode of transportation going from MIA airport to FLL port and FLL port return to MIA Airport?

I know SAS can't pick you up from MIA airport, who else can we use?

• One way car rental is likely your best and cheapest option.
  • QLS and Go Airport Shuttle will make the trip
  • A taxi for about $85 (depending upon where in the FLL area your hotel is located)
  • Larry's Limos has been suggested often - usually cheaper than a cab.
  • Good luck! :)

• 1 month later...

I'm interested in the same information. Only flight I could get (using frequent flyer miles) for January cruise from Fort Lauderdale, is into ..Miami. I have looked backed on boards about a month, but not sure what the majority opinion is. Please help. Flying into/out of Miami, but cruising from Fort Lauderdale. Thanks for any advice!

Forgot to say....flight from Miami leaves at 10:55 a.m. after arriving in Fort Lauderdale at 7:00 a.m. Is this do-able????

Impossible to make - no; is it likely that you'll make a 10:30 flight -- NO! :eek:

For a 10:30 flight you need to be at MIA by 9:00 (earlier is better ;)); it is 45-60 minutes from Port Everglades to MIA, so if you can get off the ship with your bags (and clear customs/immigration) and be in a cab/limo by 8:00 you could make it.

Do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your flight home? :confused: Do the smart thing and book a flight at noon or later.

Good luck! :)

There is a shuttle vendor at the airport. They are called American Shuttle to Port Everglades its $37.00 for the first passenger and $28 for additional passengers. So for three passengers the taxi starts becoming the better option since 5 (or 6) can ride for the same price.

The convenience though of using the airport vendor, is they have a kiosk and most of the fleet is parked there, so you won't be hunting down a driver and making cell phone calls.

I'm interested in the same information. Only flight I could get (using frequent flyer miles) for January cruise from Fort Lauderdale, is into ..Miami. I have looked backed on boards about a month, but not sure what the majority opinion is. Please help. Flying into/out of Miami, but cruising from Fort Lauderdale. Thanks for any advice!

Not sure you'll ever get the same majority opinion. John's post covered the main ways to accomplish this. As he indicated, a one way rental is usually the cheapest way and the way that gives you the most flexibility. Hopefully you are flying in at least a day in advance. If not, I wouldn't take the risk of getting lost and would stick with a cab, limo or direct shuttle. Otherwise, if you are comfortable with a rental, you could return it to FLL airport or a rental office near the port and catch a shuttle or cheap cab ride to the ship.

Archived