Montego Bay Question

cccer

Hello All,

We will be going to Montego Bay with Carnival next month and are wondering what to do. We have been to Jamaica a few times and have done the falls, tubing, rafting; so we just want to hang around the port. Is there anything to do withing walking distance of the port? I would like to get off, but we may just stay on the ship.

Thanks all

Thats what we did in Montego Bay, the cab ride was 15 dollars for 4 adults to the hip strip. We walked the strip and when you read about on the internet the make it sound like a nice shopping area with lots of shops and food, and its not even close...

The good part is there's a magaritaville that has great food and drink, and a water play area for those needed to get wet. We had lunch, some buckets of beer and headed back to ship.

Good luck with your travels,

AZmike

Has anyone had any troubles on MB? Heard it's not safe and someone told me that they search her purse before getting on the island and whatever loose cash was in her purse they took. Any truth to that?

We were just in MB and we didn't have any problems. We got off of the ship and went through the port terminal to our private tour company van and didn't have any problems.

Steve

Steve, what tour and company did you use? We leave in 2 weeks, I have tours scheduled for Cozumel and Grand Cayman, so thinking about just taking a cab to Doctor's Cave Beach here.

We used Courtney Taylor tours. I'm very pleased with everything related to this tour. I added a mini review in this section under his name. He will customize your tour to your needs. Here's his website.

http://courtneytay.wix.com/jamaicajh

Steve

We used Courtney Taylor tours. I'm very pleased with everything related to this tour. I added a mini review in this section under his name. He will customize your tour to your needs. Here's his website.

http://courtneytay.wix.com/jamaicajh

Steve

Hi...we are traveling to MB next month and did not have anything planned until others on our cruise posted this link. We are going to Sunset Beach to enjoy the day but there are other things on this website.

http://www.jamaicaforaday.com/Sunset_Montego_Bay_Resort.html

Enjoy your time in the islands!

Hate the idea of just hanging out on the ship while in Jamaica' date=' but we have been a few times and just don't know anything cool to do while there. Surely someone has some info on really fun excursions?[/quote']

An Internet search led me to a site called island routes dot com. I have no firsthand knowledge of them but there are so many tour options! We are seriously considering the dune buggies. I wish I could find a review though.

LT

Hello All,

We will be going to Montego Bay with Carnival next month and are wondering what to do. We have been to Jamaica a few times and have done the falls, tubing, rafting; so we just want to hang around the port. Is there anything to do withing walking distance of the port? I would like to get off, but we may just stay on the ship.

Thanks all

We too are doing "Jamaica for a Day" and going to Sunset Beach. It's $60pp AI - all you can eat, drink, pool & beach. I've been to it before in 2007 when I cruised the Conquest, and loved it. It's only about 5-10 minutes from the port, and you can SEE the ship from the resort. We took the JUTA cab ($5pp one way). The resort offers transportation for $9pp roundtrip by bus, but you may have to wait on slow-pokes getting off the ship before you get to leave). I like doing my own thing, and I don't have to worry about getting there in time for transport, and we will just take a cab. It's safe if you make sure its JUTA (red tag) and negotiate the price BEFORE you enter the cab. It's a short trip, so no worries.

The resort is beautiful, and very relaxing. The beach isn't large, but it's sufficient. The only water toys we saw in 2007 were kayaks, but they might have more now. We played on them and had a blast. We also brought our own snorkeling equipment, but they rent it too I think. We spent a lot of time at the pool. It's got a lazy river, awesome slides, waterfalls, walk-in pool, jacuzzis, etc. There were plenty of chairs in the sun or shade. Food & drink was plentiful and tasty.

We liked that we weren't hassled by anyone. We didn't have to carry around extra money & worry about tipping, etc. It was just a great, relaxing day.

When the day was over, we walked out of the resort, the employees hailed us a cab, and we took the short ride back to the ship. We shopped in the port stores for a little while, went through a quick customs check and was back on the boat. Easy-peasy!

I would highly recommend Sunset for a safe & relaxing day. I would recommend making reservations online, just so you know you have a spot. I think they only have so many day passes. You will have to pay $20pp now to reserve your spot, and you will pay the extra $40pp when you check in. They were very prompt and courteous online.

I went on the website today, and it said $75. There is a $5 discount in September, but where are you getting that it is $60?

If you port in Montego Bay it is $60pp (Sunset Beach). I think it says if you port in Falmouth it is $75pp. Do you know where your ship will port? The Hilton is also $75pp at Montego Bay. I just checked the website, and these are the correct dollars.

It will just depend on where you port, and the cost for transportation to the resort.

Archived