Which organizer is best?

The two of us are flying from Canada and only have 44lbs for our flight luggage (plus carry on of 11lbs) - Charter.

We are staying inside cabin and have read on here about using shoe organizers to keep things tidy.

The clear plastic one weighs 1.5 lbs.

But I did see a smaller cloth one with mesh pockets on both sides that will hang in the closet - this one is lighter.

Is there generally room in the closet for such an organizer along with your clothes?

Sorry never cruised before so not sure.

THanks

What I use is not a shoe organizer. It weighs no where near a lb. It has many small zippered compartments. The compartments are different sizes.

I use it for makeup, q-tips, nail clippers, etc.

I hang it on the inside of the bathroom door. It takes up no room in the suitcase.

I have read this piece of advice many times on here and after 5 Carnival cruises I still for the life of me cannot figure out why on earth you would need one for 2 people. There is plenty of storage in the bathroom and cabin in general. We're both in our early 30's and travel with what I think is a lot of toiletries and have plenty of room in the bathroom without the shoe organizer.

My advise is to not bother and use the weight for another few shirts.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

If we don't need it thats even better! Saves me $20 which is almost 4 drinks;)

I will keep my shower mesh organizer from the dollar store and my mesh hamper. Those cost very little and weigh nothing.

The other smaller one mentioned above is a jewellry organizer style.

Thanks all

If we don't need it thats even better! Saves me $20 which is almost 4 drinks;)

I will keep my shower mesh organizer from the dollar store and my mesh hamper. Those cost very little and weigh nothing.

The other smaller one mentioned above is a jewellry organizer style.

Thanks all

love it!!

You won't need one.

I have stayed in all sorts of cabins on Carnival ships--inside, oceanview, balcony, and aft wrap. You won't need a shoe organizer for only two of you.

We did stay in an inside cabin on an RCI ship (Grandeur of the Seas) that was very, very small. I brought an over-the-door shoe holder for that cabin, and we really did need it. There was no room in the closet, no room on the vanity top and no room in the bathroom for those small items that need a home.

Your cabin will have a vanity with drawers that will hold all of your smaller items. The closets will be plenty big enough for your clothes. You will have no problems with storage.

Also consider sending out your laundry (tshirts, underwear, etc) halfway through your trip. It's not expensive and will allow you to pack fewer items in your suitcase.

With only two of you, I wouldn't bother. Save the weight and the money!

I typically bring it when it's my husband, my daughter and I. Mostly because neither he nor she can keep anything organized... I can handle one of them in that small cabin, but not both! LOL!

I have read this piece of advice many times on here and after 5 Carnival cruises I still for the life of me cannot figure out why on earth you would need one for 2 people. There is plenty of storage in the bathroom and cabin in general. We're both in our early 30's and travel with what I think is a lot of toiletries and have plenty of room in the bathroom without the shoe organizer.

I agree. I bring a lot of toiletries and have never felt the need to bring one of these. It could come in handy for a family with a couple of kids in the same room though.

I understand you all saying you don't/use need an organizer, but I find it so much easier to have the organizer packed, and all I have to do is unroll/fold and hang. No pulling out all the little itty bitty things and placing them in a drawer or on a shelf. Some of the things are left in the organizer, ready for the next cruise.

Whatever works.

I agree , I see no reason for one period. Never even needed it when we had our two dd's in the cabin with us. plenty of room in the bathroom.

I have 3 in our cabin and never needed it either. Save on weight for clothes too. I bring 3 pair shoes. I wear my sneakers. I bring a pair of sandles either black or white. and a pair of flip flops for the beach. that's it. You spend most days in your bathing suit so i bring 2 of those so one is always drying. bring dark colored shorts/capris so you can wear them more than once. Saving space for more tops because you will get sweaty. mix and match neutrals. Do bring a little sweater for the dining room and shows. It can get cool in there. Trust me, with a couple thousand on a ship no one will notice if you wear the same thing twice. And if they do...that's just too bad. You probably wont see any of these people again anyway. Enjoy your first cruise.

I understand you all saying you don't/use need an organizer, but I find it so much easier to have the organizer packed, and all I have to do is unroll/fold and hang. No pulling out all the little itty bitty things and placing them in a drawer or on a shelf. Some of the things are left in the organizer, ready for the next cruise.

Whatever works.

Ooooh, I never thought of that!!!!!

Thanks for that idea!

Just curious? What kinds of itty bitty things do people bring that need to be organized? Not judging.

Some examples of what we had:

batteries

compact binoculars

ipods and earphones

underwater camera

hair ties

small notebook and pen

highlighter

cigarettes and lighters

sunglasses

reading glasses

cell phones

I wasn't sure if it was worth bringing the over the door thing, but I'm glad we did. I hate clutter.

The two of us are flying from Canada and only have 44lbs for our flight luggage (plus carry on of 11lbs) - Charter.

We are staying inside cabin and have read on here about using shoe organizers to keep things tidy.

The clear plastic one weighs 1.5 lbs.

But I did see a smaller cloth one with mesh pockets on both sides that will hang in the closet - this one is lighter.

Is there generally room in the closet for such an organizer along with your clothes?

Sorry never cruised before so not sure.

THanks

Don't waste your time or effort on such a thing. There is plenty of storage in the cabins, including many little "cubbies" in the closets. You are stressing over a non event.

I use one all the time. Just no counter space on the smaller ships. When I travelled with my teenaged daughter and son I HAD to have it. She is a beautiful girl even without makeup but the amount of makeup she always had was ridiculous even if only a little was used!

Right now I'm working a locums job and am in a hotel Sunday night to Friday morning. I have the organizer on the bathroom door for all the makeup, hair gel, brush, deodorant, and items I take on a cruise like suntan lotion, hole punch, highlighter. I can pack in minutes. I've gotten used to where things are and find them easily.

When you get your luggage on the ship it takes seconds to put all that stuff away b/c it's already in the over the door thingie.

Just curious? What kinds of itty bitty things do people bring that need to be organized? Not judging.

Some of the things I mentioned earlier, q-tips, nail clippers, emery boards, makeup, band-aids, those elastic bands for the hair, and other things that are on my list and I can't think of right now.

Why pack all that little stuff and then have to unpack it onto a shelf or drawer. Hang it up. Done.

Heading home. All packed. Fold it. Roll it. Whatever. It works for me. If it doesn't for someone else, fine.

Don't waste your time or effort on such a thing. There is plenty of storage in the cabins, including many little "cubbies" in the closets. You are stressing over a non event.

I ddin't read that the OP was "stressing".

You are right there is plenty of room, but I don't want to have to unpack all that little stuff, and then repack it. I've got better things to do.

As another said, clutter, who needs it.

Deoderant

Extra camera battery

Nail clippers

Shoes :)

Hair Brush

Perfume

I use it for anything small that I don't want laying out on tables/counters and that I don't feel like rummaging through drawers for...

Archived