Roll Call Meet and Greet Party

wrigley80

Hey does anyone have any info on Roll Call Private Party meet and greets onboard. I am trying to get one organized for our upcoming cruise on the Carnival Ecstasy.

I am not sure about...........

1) How I go about getting this organized?

2) How I go about collecting money for it?

3) How much is it?

4) How many people are required to have a private party?

5) Who do I contact at Carnival?

Any input would be greatly appreciated........Thanks in Advance

If you are talking about a cocktail party

1 hour is apx $12, you need at least 20 people

all would pay one person (You) everyone would send you a check prior

If you have a TA you will have them set it up for you

if not you can have Carnival set it up for you

If you are just wanting a room for a meet and greet, no booze just water and the room

that is free and you contact carnival or your TA for that also.

I know I didn't give complete info, but hopefully someone will come along and help you more than I.

The Cocktail party is worth it, best deal on the ship :D

If you are talking about a cocktail party

1 hour is apx $12, you need at least 20 people

all would pay one person (You) everyone would send you a check prior

If you have a TA you will have them set it up for you

if not you can have Carnival set it up for you

If you are just wanting a room for a meet and greet, no booze just water and the room

that is free and you contact carnival or your TA for that also.

I know I didn't give complete info, but hopefully someone will come along and help you more than I.

The Cocktail party is worth it, best deal on the ship :D

Thank you so much. That is a start ;) I am sure I will get a few more replies. I have been nominated fro our roll call to get everything organized :eek:

Hey does anyone have any info on Roll Call Private Party meet and greets onboard. I am trying to get one organized for our upcoming cruise on the Carnival Ecstasy.

I am not sure about...........

1) How I go about getting this organized?

2) How I go about collecting money for it?

3) How much is it?

4) How many people are required to have a private party?

5) Who do I contact at Carnival?

Any input would be greatly appreciated........Thanks in Advance

you need a Active Roll Call or it is not worth trying

1st i used the CC roll call list and talked up the 1 hr open bar party

2nd have them send payment to you CCL will bill YOUR Sail & sign card

3rd Open Bar With Dry Snacks 1hr $9.95 PPplus 15% gratuity 1.5hr $14.50plus 15% gratuity 2hr $17.00pp plus 15% gratuity

4th 25 or more people

5th CCL Group Travel Planer 305-599-2600 Ext 24392

I booked a 1.5 Hr open bar and it cam out to $416.88 or 16.68pp i hope this helps

you need a Active Roll Call or it is not worth trying

1st i used the CC roll call list and talked up the 1 hr open bar party

2nd have them send payment to you CCL will bill YOUR Sail & sign card

3rd Open Bar With Dry Snacks 1hr $9.95 PPplus 15% gratuity 1.5hr $14.50plus 15% gratuity 2hr $17.00pp plus 15% gratuity

4th 25 or more people

5th CCL Group Travel Planer 305-599-2600 Ext 24392

I booked a 1.5 Hr open bar and it cam out to $416.88 or 16.68pp i hope this helps

I was under the impression that it was 20 people. Is the mdf menu outdated?

OP I have attached a list of all the options available.

Carnival Entertains (short).pdf

I just email Group Event Planning groupeventplanning@carnival.com last week this is was the first paragraph in the email...

We would be more than happy to assist you with arranging a party onboard for your guests. We have attached our Carnival Entertains brochure for your review. It contains a detailed listing of available services and pricing including our Party Packages which are located on page one. Please remember that we require a minimum of 20 guests purchasing a party package (minimum 1 hour duration) to hold party space.

I too am the one throwing ours and its my first time :eek:

I attached what was sent to me with all the pricing options, It may be the same as what was posted above if it is I apologize in advance.

For example if you do the one hour at $9.95 x15%= $11.44 a person( 228.85 for 20 ppl).. I have a paypal account so I have everyone sending there money there that way they have a copy of the payment and I have it tracked.

** On a side note this is the information Carnival told me to have when I'm ready to book...**

Please be sure to include all booking numbers, ship, sailing date, number of attending guests, preferred date, time and duration for the party, any equipment needed and your food and beverage selections.

I requested when they send me their money to include there name and CC name along with booking and room number, the reason I asked for the room number is I'm making name tages and purchased wrist bands (super cheap on ebay) and will drop them off at each room with information on the final location

I hope this helps let me know if you need any other information

Someone from our roll call organized a M&G on the Magic and we had a blast. We did an hour and a half, they put us in the Piano bar and each of us brought something that represented where we live to raffle off in a prize basket. The raffle ticket money went to the servers as a tip.

The time went by so fast we couldn't believe it was over - but it was a great way to meet everyone.

I am doing a 1.5 hour party for our October sailing on the Valor. I set up the room/ got a photographer and talked to the folks at CCL about payment. It is 16.68 pp for one and half hours. I had folks say if they wanted to come to the party. We have a FB page so I put my address there and folks started sending the money to me. I will in August get enough FUN SHIP dollars to cover the amount of the party as it is charged to MY sail and sign account. We have 85 people signed up so that is a LOT of money on my sail and sign. BUt the FUN SHIP dollars will act as OBC and pay for the party.

I bought bracelets so folks can be indentified as supposed to be there and avoid party crashers. I have 1 couple that does not want to drink at all and I have one couple that just want soda. I have different bands for them. .

Everyone is exicited about doing this and I have to say I CAN'T WAIT EITHER!

This is the info I just got from Carnival while looking into a party for our group.

Party Price List All food and beverage needs are based on 20 or more guests in attendance. Prices and selections are subject change without notice. An additional 15% Service Fee applies to all items. All Parties are priced on a per person basis.

1 Open Bar Party with Dry Snacks:

One hour $9.95

One hour with Souvenir Glass $13.50

1.5 Hours $14.50

2 Hours $17.00

3 Hours $25.00

Open Beer Party with Dry Snacks:

One hour $8.00

Mimosa Party with Dry Snacks:

One hour $8.50

Pre Poured Drink Party with Dry Snacks:

Up to three selections: Rum Punch, Rum Swizzle, Bloody Mary, Screwdriver, Margarita, Piña Colada, Mimosa, House Wine, House Champagne, Assorted Domestic Beers, Assorted Fountain Soda, Coffee/Tea. For each additional Drink selection, add $0.75 per Guest.

One hour $8.50

1.5 Hours $12.50

2 Hours $15.00

3 Hours $21.00

Non-Alcoholic Party with Dry Snacks:

Sodas, Iced Tea, Fruit Punch, Juices and Virgin Drinks

One hour $5.00

1.5 Hours $7.50

2 Hours $8.50

3 Hours $12.00

Fountain Soda Party with Dry Snacks:

One hour $4.00

2 hours $5.00

Open Bar with Standard Hot and Cold Canapés:

One hour $18.00

1.5 Hours $25.00

2 Hours $30.00

3 Hours $40.00

Canapés Selection - Standard

Includes Relish Tray, Tomatoes, Radishes, Celery, Carrots, Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Blue Cheese Dressing. Please make Four Cold & Four Hot Selections.

Cold Canapés Hot Canapés

Grilled Zucchini Roll & Anchovy Roll Bacon Wrapped Sweet Plantains

Titi Shrimp Salad on Scallop Cracker Broccoli & Cheese Nuggets

Ham & Heart of Palm, Vinaigrette Assorted Vegetarian Quiches

Spanish Caviar with Lemon Wedge Spicy Chicken Drummettes

Chicken Apple Salad on Crackers Beef Franks in a Blanket

Roast Beef Roll with Brie Cheese Mexican Mini Tamales

Turkey Mousse with Cranberries Chicken Balls on Fire

Assorted Sushi with Condiments Batter-Fried Shrimp

Chicken Galantine on Baguette Spring Roll Samosa

Truffled Pate on Profiteroles Quiche Florentine

Open Bar with Deluxe Hot and Cold Canapés:

One hour $21.00

1.5 Hours $28.00

2 Hours $33.00

3 Hours $43.00

Canapés Selection – Deluxe

Includes Relish Tray (Tomatoes, Radishes, Celery, Carrots, Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Blue Cheese Dressing) and Shrimp. Please make Four Cold & Four Hot Selections.

Cold Canapés Hot Canapés

Roast Beef Roll with Green Asparagus Spears Sesame Chicken Tenderloin in Peanut Sauce

Smoked Norwegian Salmon Rose with Caviar Bacon Wrapped Sea Scallop and Pea Pod

Jumbo Shrimp Butterfly with Cocktail Sauce Polenta with Blackened Pork Tenderloin

Marinated Snow Crab Claws on Half Shell Coconut Fried Shrimps on Lemon Grass

Truffled Liver Pate on Waldorf Salad Cured Salmon on Potato Cake

Marinated Green Turner Mussels Filet Mignon Wellington

Stuffed Quail Egg with Caviar Escargots in Puff Pastry

Artichoke Heart, Vinaigrette Assorted Seafood Quiche

Camembert with Pecan Half

Proscuitto on Melon Boat

California Sushi Roll

Assorted Sushi

Open Bar with Ultra Deluxe Hot and Cold Canapés:

One hour $27.00

1.5 Hours $32.00

2 Hours $38.00

3 Hours $50.00

Canapés Selection – Ultra Deluxe

Includes Relish Tray (Tomatoes, Radishes, Celery, Carrots, Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Blue Cheese Dressing) and One Ice Sculpture. Please make Five Cold & Five Hot Selections

Cold Canapés

Ahi Tuna on Grilled Pineapple with Wasabe and Lime Mustard

Jumbo Black Tiger Prawns in Ice Carving with Cocktail Sauce

Seafood Salpicon on Emerald Mussels with Lychee Confit

Poached Pear with Roquefort and Aged Brandy

Noisette of Gravlax with Dilled Cream Sauce

Spider Roll (Unagi over California Roll)

Iced Guava with Ceviche Medley

Lemon Scented Kalik of Salmon

Hot Canapés

Sherry Vinegar Glazed Sweetbreads on Rosemary Skewers with Fresh Figs

Warm Japanese Baby Octopus in Jasmine and Sesame Tempura

Seafood Salpicon on Emerald Mussels with Lychee Confit

Black Tiger Prawns in Red Miso Beurre Blanc

Crispy Duck Confit in Goat Cheese Tartlets

Black Bean Barbecued Duck on Polenta

Lobster Medallions in Truffle Butter

Mini Crab Cakes

Pizza Party: Minimum 20 Guests.

Pizza with tomato, mozzarella cheese and various toppings of your Choice. Hourly prices: Includes an assortment of pizza toppings.

One hour: $6.50

1.5 hours $9.00

2 hours $11.00

12" Pizza $7.00

Sheet Cakes-Standard: Selections: Chocolate, Vanilla or Marble Cakes with Chocolate or Vanilla Frosting only.

10" round for 8 guests $10.00

12" x 7" for 12 guests $15.00

13" x 18" for 25 guests $30.00

18" x26" for 50 guests $50.00

Sheet Cakes–Customized: Selections: Any cakes that are not part of the standard selections.

Special Note: We are not able to accommodate photos on cakes.

10" round for 8 guests $15.00

12" x 7" for 12 guests $22.00

13" x 18" for 25 guests $40.00

18" x26" for 50 guests $75.00

We are doing one on the Breeze... we have planned for a 2 hour pre poured drinks with dry snacks.. and are having a silent auction and 50/50 draw with all proceeds going to our servers..We did ask that everyone attending bring something no more then 10.00 to add to the silent auction..there is 24 people all ready signed up and we are nearly 5 months away from sailing.. could be a biggy!!!

Cheers

I went through John H on Facebook- gave him the approx number, when we wanted to meet, and my booking #. It was announced in the FUN TIMES, but not the day we requested (ended up being the night of the final farewell party, and we were crowded in with a group of Red Hatters.

The lounge offered chex mix & soft drinks.

If you go this way, find out the group's cabin #'s, so you can keep in touch (with real, not CC screen names)

• 4 weeks later...
I went through John H on Facebook- gave him the approx number, when we wanted to meet, and my booking #. It was announced in the FUN TIMES, but not the day we requested (ended up being the night of the final farewell party, and we were crowded in with a group of Red Hatters.

The lounge offered chex mix & soft drinks.

If you go this way, find out the group's cabin #'s, so you can keep in touch (with real, not CC screen names)

The OP seemed to imply that he wanted information about an alcohol included party that people paid for, that way they could pick which day they wanted it and not get stuck with it being on the last day and in a room with a bunch of blue haired Red Hatters. :) If Carnival is going to make money on your group, then you'll get your choice of day in which to have your gathering, if you're looking for a freebie, then you get what you pay for.....and you're stuck with the last day.

What you need to do is make sure NOT TO MIX the two terms!!!

M&G

- usually held in a location where all people on the Roll Call can get to (so don't try to ask for Serenity area or a bar if some people have children that will be coming to the M&G - they will not be allowed in).

- each person pays for their own drinks as they order from the waiter

- you can have a little sign that says "CC M&G guests" or something like that so the people know that it is your group.

- advertise this to all Roll Call persons on this site to get an approx headcount, but do anticipate that not everyone will pitch up on the day.

Private Cocktail Party

- One person has to prepay for all of it on their S&S card. Carnival will not charge it to each person's individual S&S card.

- Tell those that are interested in attending to e-mail you in private so you can give them the details about exact location/time once they have paid, and once you have the info from Carnival about where/when.

- You need to have the attendees send you a check or make a Paypal payment to you before the final payment date (or you won't get the money out of some of these people). Once you then finalize it all then you e-mail those persons that have paid you with the details.

- Carnival will usually put this one in a private function room/bar.

- You have to give them a final headcount at least a week or two beforehand so they can cater for that number.

- DO NOT PUBLISH the location and time of the cocktail party on open forums such as this one or you could get lots of hangers-on coming in the door to "see what is going on", and you as the arranger of this event will have Carnival charge the extra people to your S&S account and those people will then drink it up on your account and you won't get the payment from them.

- On the day you need to have a mechanism for signing off on all the persons walking in the door so you know they have paid. Carnival will be counting and you will be paying for any extras that "just walk in the door". Perhaps have wristbands that you hand out to paid-attendees.

We had both events on our Spirit cruise in April, and you need to make it very clear as to which one you mean when you start this exercise - or people will just assume the wrong thing and you could have them arrive thinking they are not paying, that Carnival is giving a free cocktail party, when in all reality you have it as a prepaid cocktail party (and Carnival makes you pay for the extras at the end of the day).

So, I bet you are wondering why I quoted Ccruisequeen??

Carnival WILL put in the Funtimes that they have a listed CC M&G on day X at Location Y. They automatically put this in to cater for groupings such as Friends of Bill, Friends of Dorothy, Friends of this, Friends of that, ... This is not as if any of these groups (or CC M&G group for that matter of fact) asked for this, it is just that Carnival puts it in so that IF ANYONE FROM ANY ONE OF THESE GROUPS is onboard, then they can meet their fellow persons (and Carnival gets more bar sales from having this group in one place at the same time - it is business after all). Sure, you can arrange a CC M&G and Carnival can set it aside for you (as they did with ours) and you could find they ALSO put an/another entry in Funtimes that says the CC M&G is at a different time/place (and people then get confused and go to the other one and then can't find the people they have been talking to here for months). YOU want to tell your CC M&G people "follow my instructions - even if Carnival says in Funtimes that CC M&G is a different day/time". When we were arranging ours I read and forwarded to our group that previous groups had this problem because of the "2nd CC M&G listed in FT", and some people said "Nah, we sorted it out with Carnival, ours will be the only one happening." We warned our people that this issue may happen anyway so they were forewarned. Lo-and-behold we get onboard and FT has a 2nd CC M&G listed for a different time/day. We did have our CC M&G event and it went well - HOPE NO ONE WENT TO THE OTHER ONE IN ERROR :eek:.

Thank you so much everybody. I knew that my Cruise Critic friends would have all the details that I needed. You guys are the best :D

One other detail.

DO NOT mention this is a CC roll call. It is just a group of friends!!;)

Yak..:confused:

Young And Krazy???? LOL.

No just a yak Someone on our roll call posted a picture of an animal similar to a yak and called it one and somehow the Yak kind of became the symbol of our roll call.

Guess you have to be there. icon12.gif

So why can't you just refer to it as your Cruise Critic Roll Call Meet and Greet party :confused: :rolleyes:

Some time ago their was one and it turns into a real fiasco with crashers and rumor has it they will not do one labeled cc.

As a result when I started one for our upcoming cruise used a different name for it to avoid any problems.

Archived