boardwalk balcony vs connecting room oceanview balcony???

RCI is running a sale on my upcoming cruise, I called yesterday and they told me it was only for C&A members and/or new bookings and that I needed to wait and call back today when it would be open to everyone. Today I look and the prices are the same but they also have D4 connecting oceanview balconies for the same price as the boardwalk balconies. Looks like my total "upgrade" price would be around $65, moving from our inside room. Not sure I want to have a connecting room. Does that door take up extra space when needed? Do you experience noise from the connecting cabin?? Which would you rather go with?

RCI is running a sale on my upcoming cruise, I called yesterday and they told me it was only for C&A members and/or new bookings and that I needed to wait and call back today when it would be open to everyone. Today I look and the prices are the same but they also have D4 connecting oceanview balconies for the same price as the boardwalk balconies. Looks like my total "upgrade" price would be around $65, moving from our inside room. Not sure I want to have a connecting room. Does that door take up extra space when needed? Do you experience noise from the connecting cabin?? Which would you rather go with?

We've had connecting staterooms a few times and never noticed any increased noise due to the connecting door. The connecting door usually resulted in a sofa being replaced with a chair to allow space for the door to open, which was not an issue for us. I'd do a balcony any day over an inside.

If you want to watch people and the aqua show from your balcony with a limited view of the ocean, by all means go with boardwalk.

If you want quiet and privacy with a better view of ocean, go with the D4 balcony even if it connecting.

I think most people would select the D4.

I would go with the D4. We've had a connecting cabin before and we didn't have any issues with noise. I would rather have the privacy and a great view of the ocean from my own balcony, especially on the Oasis class.

Go with the D4 Oceanview Balcony. We had a Boardwalk Balcony on Allure, and there is no privacy. The one we had was next to the last one, close to the Aqua Theatre, and we had a view of the ocean, but I still missed the peacefulness of being just oceanview.

Thanks to all the replies, talked me right into the private balcony of the D4. I just called and got us switched to 7672.

Glad it worked out. Should have mentioned before that it will be very difficult to go back to an inside once you experience a balcony.:)

Archived