Nacho & Cynthia Tour?

Csnorrco

Hello!

I have booked Nacho & Cynthia for a land tour of Altun Ha, the Baboon Sanctuary, and lunch. I read many good reviews of his tours and I talked with him on the phone and found him to be delightful. My husband is worried that ---since he is not an official Carnival Excursion---we will miss the ship if we go on this tour. Can anyone give me a review of your tour with Nacho and how he was about getting you back on time? I must admit I am also a little nervous since I have read many reviews saying that you should ALWAYS go on a Carnival Excursion in Belize. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Nacho is very much aware of the time and will certainly get you back to the tender pier in time the last tender , if not earlier. He will joke that if he's late getting you back to the ship, he'll have to put you up at his house and feed you. My advice is to not overload what you want to do so that you see each site fully and he and Cynthia don't feel rushed either. Also, do follow the advice for your ship and get off on the earliest tender you can catch. It'll mean getting up early and getting to the non-ship excursion meet-up room before it "offically" opens but that way you'll get low numbers and might get off on the first or second tender along with ship excursion folks. Read up on ho to do that based on your ship's reviews and on your roll call.

Hello!

I have booked Nacho & Cynthia for a land tour of Altun Ha, the Baboon Sanctuary, and lunch. I read many good reviews of his tours and I talked with him on the phone and found him to be delightful. My husband is worried that ---since he is not an official Carnival Excursion---we will miss the ship if we go on this tour. Can anyone give me a review of your tour with Nacho and how he was about getting you back on time? I must admit I am also a little nervous since I have read many reviews saying that you should ALWAYS go on a Carnival Excursion in Belize. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

What ship and date? We are on the liberty in august

We are on the Legend sailing August 26 from Tampa...

Crewsweeper---Thanks for the info. I feel better after reading your reply! I had such a good time talking with Nacho on the phone the other day! I can't wait to meet him in person!! What a funny and charming character!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
We just got back from the Dream and had an amazing time with Nacho and Cynthia cave tubing!

They are just the nicest people. You will have a great time!

Got him book for July 31. How was the trip all together?? Was u back on ship with time left???

LOVED talking to Nacho about our group tour with him and Cynthia in October!

We are also doing Altun Ha, Baboon sanctuary, a shopping stop and a quick photo at Old Belize beach with our friends to remember the trip by. He truly is lovely..

No matter how many times I hear the Lots wife joke ( which I seriously forgot BOTH TIMES, and can't remember it now!)

• 2 weeks later...

My husband used Nacho and Cynthia on our trip to Belize in 2005. He was very friendly. We done the Cave tubing tour, and had lunch at Jaguar Paw Jungle Resort after tubing. As he drove he told us stories and showed us various spots. He and his wife done the tubing with us. I would not hesitate to use him again. Actually we are going to Belize in September and I will be booking with him. I would not worry at all.

:)

We just got back from cave tubing with him and his wife. At first when you walk out the gate to them EVERYONE is stand right there i think it was call the old side. But not for sure. Like I mention we went with them on Tue of this week ... Had A BLAST great people. Listen to everything he said on how to get off the ship and ect. We where the first ones down the river and he took us all around Belize. Great time if you want to have fun and learn alot about Belize Nacho and his wife are the best bet in my eyes. No big groups or nothing like that.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually sitting in port of Miami right now... I personally wouldn't recommend them for a tour ... Maybe if they had other guides. Nacho is almost blind .. Walks with a cane..doesnt climb the ruins with you sits on the bottom and waits... Yes he did have drinks available which helped in the heat. But his van also broke down 2 times and my BF had to fix it. Just very disappointed ..

Actually sitting in port of Miami right now... I personally wouldn't recommend them for a tour ... Maybe if they had other guides. Nacho is almost blind .. Walks with a cane..doesnt climb the ruins with you sits on the bottom and waits... Yes he did have drinks available which helped in the heat. But his van also broke down 2 times and my BF had to fix it. Just very disappointed ..

No kidding? Wow, sorry you had a disappointing time. I hope the rest of your cruise was good. Thanks for reporting.

I was on the same tour as Njbosoxgirl and have the same opinion of the tour as her!!! At one point, they may have been good tour guides, but this was not our experience.

Nacho can not see very well and is not able to walk/stand very long. Cynthia was the driver. The 11 person van broke down a lot due to a loose cable connection to the battery. You must also keep in mind that there are many dangerous areas in Belize that we had to drive through and I don't feel that Nacho and Cynthia could have protected us very well.

We read that Nacho gives a lot of great history of the ruins/Belize. If your idea of history is the Mayans getting their information/ideas from aliens, you may enjoy the tour more than we did.

With all this being said, Nacho and Cynthia were very nice and kind people and did provide drinks which we greatly appreciated. Nacho even called me at home to apologize for the car problems.

Archived