Big ?

MaizerDay

Would you let an 11 year old and 13 year old do the zip line in Haiti? Any great suggestions for an excursion in Cozumel? We've done the Dolphin swim. My son really want to to the xrails to Jade Caverns. It looks very muddy and the water looks nasty. Has anyone been there? Thanks!:)

Why not? If they want to...let them. They are given instructions. It is costly, but if you can afford it, do it. And, it's really not "Haiti"....it's Labadee....all the stuff is run by RCI....this is NOT a Haitian enterprise!

If RCI allows an 11 year old to do it and your kids are game - then yes. That zip starts in one place and they don't have to jump from tree top to tree top (like some of the others that scare the bejesus out of me).

When we were in Labadee - friends of ours sent their young son and I am positive he wasn't 11 yet. He loved it.

I would say YES! They would love it!! They go over all the safety rules with them and make sure they are fitted correctly. We usually send a adult over first and then the kids and then another adult just to be safe. And the last time we were in Jamaica they let my 3 yr old zip also! He was crying because his 2 older brothers (ages 11 and 7 at the time) were getting to do it so they had a harness that attached to my fathers harness so that he could zip too and he LOVED IT!! My husband and dad were so proud of him! The only problem it caused is now he is 6 and dare devil:eek: so if they are within the age allowance for that zip and they want to do it and you can afford it I would let them do it. My boys still talk about how much they love it and want to go again and they have done it 2 times! But now that I have a daughter after these 3 boys I would prob tell her no! :rolleyes: lol

Unless they are really fearful kids, they should love ziplining. I'd let much younger kids than that do it, as long as good safety is practised by the company and they want to do it.

If it's the one at Labadee though, it looked pretty short and very expensive, to me. We've done some amazing jungle ziplines in other places, and I'd let kids do those too.

Archived