Single Supplement??

Hi all,

We have booked FOS for January 2013, this includes myself and my partner and another couple in two balcony rooms. My brother and a friend of mine are considering coming along, but the dreaded single supplement is making it a very expensive holiday for them on top on the already expensive flights!! Sharing a room is not an option as one's male and one's female and they dont know each other that well.

As this is only our second cruise we are not very familiar with the different catagories and prices. Can anyone recommend options to try and avoid the single supplement or experienced this before and had a good outcome?

Thanks in advance :)

Aoife.

I'd start looking at the very cheapest cabins. I've found that sometimes the insides (not necessarily on RCI) have the cheapest single supplements (sometimes 125-150% instead of 200). And since it's only 1 per cabin, who cares how crowded it will be and they'll also each have their own bathroom. But I agree, the single supplement HURTS (though I do understand the reasoning... they could put 2 paying customers in that cabin).

Id recommend just to keep checking prices, primarily on the weekend.

My Explorer cruise in January was $600 for double occupancy and just $879 for single supplement, which was great. With tax, it was under 1K for a 10 night sailing.

Archived