Advice needed

Vli

We are traveling from the east coast to Tahiti for the 8/11 sailing. How long a a layover in LA do we need to plan to get to the ATN flight? Also do we need to get our baggage and then re-check it with ATN?

We dont usually book our baggage through as we like the surety of checking them in ourselves. Check also your arrival terminal and the distance from Tom Bradley. We usually come into the next one so we just walk to Tom Bradley but if you are a good distance away you will have to take the shuttle so need to count that in.

We've opted to fly out the evening before to be on the safe side; I'm planning to book an LAX airport hotel through Priceline. That way we can roll out of bed, check out of the hotel, and check in for our flight with plenty of time to spare ... and we won't have to worry about flight delays wreaking havoc on our travel plans. (Then again, we're flying out of Tampa during hurricane season - so we don't want to take any chances!)

The hotels right by LAX and in nearby El Segundo vary a lot in quality. We have liked the Marriot Courtyard in El Segundo and been warned by friends to stay away from the Hacienda -- no matter how good the rate.

Thanks for the hotel advice! I'll see what kind of deals are available from the hotels you've all recommended before I try Priceline; if the rates are low enough, I'll book direct. It's good to know the hotel in advance (and to be sure they offer a shuttle to the airport); but I've always had good luck bidding on hotels when I select 4-star or higher.

We are flying in at 5:20 and have booked a dayroom at the Tahiti Nui Hotel. It is maybe 1/4 of a mile from where you embark, and also walking distance of the large market in Papeete. They have confirmed a 1pm late check out for us so we will be able to rest, shower, etc before embarkation. I'm looking forward to a nice shower before getting on board. I will let you know how this works out!

Archived