Alaska pictures

ute_fan

I've been back for a month now, and have finally uploaded a lot of our pictures of our Alaska cruise on the Jewel. We took very little of the ship this time, as it was our 2nd trip on the Jewel, but there are a lot of scenery and whale pictures if anyone headed to Alaska is interested.

The link is below in my signature line, and it's the Alaska 2012 album.

Great pictures.. Were those pics from the boat? or an excursion?

I have less then 2 months, get more excited every day.

The whale pictures were from our excursion with Harv & Marv. Even if you see a whale from the cruise ship, it's not nearly the experience that you get from one of the small boat excursions.

Thanks for everyone's kind words. I've always enjoyed looking at other cruiser's pictures to see what I had to look forward to.

Forgot to mention - no matter how many times we may see them, the whales never get old for me. They are majestic creatures and I hope all AK cruisers get to see lots of them!

Nice! We've been to AK many times but this will be our first time on the Jewel, so I wish you'd taken more ship pictures. :D LOL!

Thanks for sharing!

I'll have to remember that for future cruises. Even if we've been on the ship before, others might want to see pictures of the ship for upcoming cruises.

Sounds as if you liked Harv and Marv's for the whale watching excursion? We have one planned with them as well in August on the Pearl, we did one last time to AK via the ship and while it was great, there were way too many people and were always trying to look over a head to see the whales, it looks as if the small boats that Marv and Harv operate are a much better experience and better photo opps?

Sounds as if you liked Harv and Marv's for the whale watching excursion? We have one planned with them as well in August on the Pearl, we did one last time to AK via the ship and while it was great, there were way too many people and were always trying to look over a head to see the whales, it looks as if the small boats that Marv and Harv operate are a much better experience and better photo opps?

Absolutely loved our Harv & Marv's excursion! This was the 2nd time we'd been out with them. We went with them in 2008 when we were on the Pearl, and sent my daughter and her hubby out with them in 2009 on their honeymoon. When we decided to go this year, they were the first excursion I planned once I booked the cruise.

With only 6 passengers onboard, we had no trouble finding a place to take photos. There is open space on both the stern and the bow, and you're welcome to go out either direction to take photos. I'm only 5 feet tall, and don't do well on the bigger, crowded boats as I can't see over anyone. That was never a problem on Harv & Marv's boat.

Hope you enjoy it was much as we did.

Archived