Booking early then price goes up

MattyBarlow

Hi All.

Having never booked with Celebrity before, i was wondering something. If i book at the early booking price for 2013 and then they put offers in and price reductions, can i phone up and claim them? I know in the USA this happens but not sure if Celebrity do it in the UK...i know P&O certainly don't.

Thanks

There has been a fair bit of discussion on this recently with people having different experiences. In my case I spotted a price drop (saving £1,150) pre final payment and it was honoured. The only problem I had was with my TA who was reluctant to work on my behalf (because of their loss of commission when the price dropped) even though I checked at the time of booking whether they were aware of the possibility of getting price drops honoured. In future if I book early I will book with Celebrity direct as it will cut out the 'middle man'. Sometimes the promotions are for new bookings only so this is never guaranteed and we have been asking on these boards for Celebrity to be clearer about their policy, but no luck yet!

Hi All.

Having never booked with Celebrity before, i was wondering something. If i book at the early booking price for 2013 and then they put offers in and price reductions, can i phone up and claim them? I know in the USA this happens but not sure if Celebrity do it in the UK...i know P&O certainly don't.

Thanks

Yes celebrity must be upfront about honouring price drops. When we booked a year before our September cruise we booked direct with celebrity and were told any price drop would be honoured. Not so. We have asked for upgrade or some OBC as compensation for the fact we are now paying £1,300 more than if we booked it today. So far celebrity will not offer us anything and we have now sent 3 emails to customer service asking why the UK market is treated differently from the US with no response. Lesson learned we will now wait and watch the market before booking.

There has been a fair bit of discussion on this recently with people having different experiences. In my case I spotted a price drop (saving £1,150) pre final payment and it was honoured. The only problem I had was with my TA who was reluctant to work on my behalf (because of their loss of commission when the price dropped) even though I checked at the time of booking whether they were aware of the possibility of getting price drops honoured. In future if I book early I will book with Celebrity direct as it will cut out the 'middle man'. Sometimes the promotions are for new bookings only so this is never guaranteed and we have been asking on these boards for Celebrity to be clearer about their policy, but no luck yet![/

A friend who was refused a price drop (USA market) dropped the booking and rebooked at the lower rate using her name - original booking was in her husband's name.

No such luck for us! We are on the Equinox in August and they were selling their Aqua Class for 250 less than what we paid for a veranda and they would not budge as far as an upgrade or OBC and said if we cancelled and rebooked we would be penalized because our sailing is less than 60 days out.

Archived