Choosing a specific cabin

phinn

I was on X site considering a cruise and checking out the available cabins, I tried to enter a specific cabin, but that area is not highlighted and goes nowhere. Is anyone else having this problem? All that is showing are the cabins X wants you to choose. I tried dates as far as a year in advance and still the same issue. ????

I was on X site considering a cruise and checking out the available cabins, I tried to enter a specific cabin, but that area is not highlighted and goes nowhere. Is anyone else having this problem? All that is showing are the cabins X wants you to choose. I tried dates as far as a year in advance and still the same issue. ????

I booked our cabin to Alaska over a year ago this way because I had three or four cabins I was interested in. I had no problem. We just returned from that cruise a couple weeks ago.

However, I've been looking at two Med cruises for next year(2013) and a Hawaiian cruise for 2014. I was having the same problem you are having. I don't want the cabins they have listed and the option of entering my own cabin will not work.

I used the Chat feature to talk to a representative and she told me if I want a specific cabin I have to call. I told them I wanted to put the cabin on the 24-48 hour courtesy hold but she said if I call for a specific cabin I'm not allowed to do that and that I have to go ahead and book the cabin when I call. She said the courtesy holds are just for those cabins the website has listed. That must be a new policy because I've used the courtesy hold for cabins I've selected before.:(

I just booked an Alaskan Cruise and found that Celebrity only offers 3 cabins in each type of cabin. I then looked on one of the online cruise agencies and could see many more choices.

Phillie did you see my post above this one? I also asked the Chat Rep if the particular cabin I was interested in was available and she looked for me. It was available but she said I had to call to reserve it.:rolleyes:

It is the website:rolleyes: (what else is new).....I haven't been able to

get any cabins to come up correctly in a long, long, LONG time.....:rolleyes::eek:

I continue to just use other sites to find availiblity and if I want

to change/update a cabin I already have I call X.

It is the website:rolleyes: (what else is new).....I haven't been able to

get any cabins to come up correctly in a long, long, LONG time.....:rolleyes::eek:

I continue to just use other sites to find availiblity and if I want

to change/update a cabin I already have I call X.

Are you allowed to use the 48 hour courtesy hold on these websites or do you have to go ahead and book with a deposit?.

Interestingly enough on Monday I was doing a bit of searching for a cabin and went though the proceedure as far as getting the price for a cabin on the X website.. It was one of the three choices that you are given. I called my TA while still on the X site to see if there was a more central location available. There was not the only ones that TA could see where outside the range of the cabin I had up on the screen. TA could not "SEE" the one I was on either.

I was told this happens when someone, (anyone) goes onto one of those choices. The cabin stays out of the cabins available for about 20 mins. and then pops back up. I requested it be booked by the TA. 20 mins. later I was confirmed.

Are you allowed to use the 48 hour courtesy hold on these websites or do you have to go ahead and book with a deposit?.

Hi:) I don't know to be honest with you. I only use them to see

what cabins are available. I book directly through Celebrity.

that option was available to me on the screen but didn't try to use it.

That option works on the Celebrity site....I thought the question

was about other sites.

I have used it on the X site before:)

Thanks everyone. I have searched other sites so I'm guessing this may just be something newer on X website. I have in the past tried to put specific cabin on hold but they would not allow that without deposit and that was over a year ago. Guess I'll just call

Archived