Cruise Cancelled and STILL no refund!

lola4795

I was scheduled to be on the March 3 sailing of the Pearl. This sailing was chartered and cancelled weeks ago. NCL promised a refund by June 21. It is now a full week later and the refund has not shown up on my credit card.

They just keep saying that it takes a few days to process. Hmmmm, why were they able to process the transaction so quickly when I was the one paying my deposit?

I'm so very frustrated with NCL right now. It would take a lot for me to ever cruise with them again!

Has anyone else ever experienced this with NCL? How long was it until you received your refund?

I'm an accountant, and many of my clients accept credit cards. You can put the refund transaction through today and it won't show up for a couple of weeks at least. I've had do deal with the fallout more than once. The credit card companies are the ones that cause the delay, they want to make absolutely sure that they have to give the money back before they do it. The only time I've seen a transaction refunded quickly is if there was an error in it and it was sorted out the same day. I understand it's frustrating, but it should appear soon.

Frusterating indeed! I can understand OP being upset. First their vacation plans are ruined because someone decided to charter their ship for that week and now delay in receiving funds back. I would not be happy either! :eek:

Some credit card companies will wait until the next billing cycle before the credit will appear. Not sure why, but I have had that happen a few times.

Most likely to maximize their interest on the balance of the card. :mad:

I agree with the posters. I'm not sure this is an NCL issue. They could put that credit in the day you told them you wanted the money back and it can still take a couple of weeks to show up through your bank. Remember, there are a lot of companies involved in that process (credit card companies, transaction processors, ACH, etc.), and none are very happy to give money back.

I agree with the posters. I'm not sure this is an NCL issue. They could put that credit in the day you told them you wanted the money back and it can still take a couple of weeks to show up through your bank. Remember, there are a lot of companies involved in that process (credit card companies, transaction processors, ACH, etc.), and none are very happy to give money back.

I once had an overpayment to my local cable company due to their website double posting the payment. Took them less than a minute to charge my card. They said it would take their system 60 days to process the refund. :confused:

if it was a debit card, your bank could take up to 30 days to process the refund. it's normal, don't blame NCL. credit card companys can take 3 days to 2 weeks, banks a lot longer..after receiving the notice. i use to have to explain that to people when working at a large department store's customer service desk.

It's kind of like going to Wal-mart and the cashier rings something up twice and you don't realize it until you get the receipt. Then the cashier says she can't refund it and points to the customer service line with 37 people waiting in it.

I was scheduled to be on the March 3 sailing of the Pearl. This sailing was chartered and cancelled weeks ago. NCL promised a refund by June 21. It is now a full week later and the refund has not shown up on my credit card.

They just keep saying that it takes a few days to process. Hmmmm, why were they able to process the transaction so quickly when I was the one paying my deposit?

I'm so very frustrated with NCL right now. It would take a lot for me to ever cruise with them again!

Has anyone else ever experienced this with NCL? How long was it until you received your refund?

We have had to cancel with NCL before and we usually get a confirmation email from them in 48 hours with the note of cancellation and the refund of our deposit. It then usually shows up on the credit card statement in 60-90 days. We always print out the confirmation that they have refunded the money in case it doesn't show up on the cc statement. We have had to cancel 2 cruises and we have never had a problem.

All I can say is call your CC company and ask!

I had something similar happen to me recently. I bought a product off of Amazon. Debit card had the hold placed on it when it said my order was getting ready to ship. 2 days later, the seller came back and said it was out of stock :eek:

A small purchase wouldn't be a big deal, but this was a present so I started looking for a similar product. My bank told me if Amazon would fax something to them stating they were not going to take the funds, it would process immediately (they showed the refund of the hold being taken off in the system, but not processed). My bank said it would take almost 3 weeks, after holidays and weekends to get the hold taken off.....

While Amazon refused to do this, NCL might be willing to if it would make the process faster for the refund. Can't hurt to call your CC and ask!

I bought mower parts once and the cashier punched in $346.50 instead of $34.65

The charge went through immediately, she issued a credit immediately that went through 10 days later.

I bought mower parts once and the cashier punched in $346.50 instead of $34.65

The charge went through immediately, she issued a credit immediately that went through 10 days later.

Its funny how that works isn't it. Costco screwed up an online order. I went thru in about 5 seconds. I called them within 5 minutes. It took them 17 days to credit my AMX

Its funny how that works isn't it. Costco screwed up an online order. I went thru in about 5 seconds. I called them within 5 minutes. It took them 17 days to credit my AMX

I got up one morning and checked my online account and saw an extra $100, 000 in my savings. I called the bank and told them about the mistake. They had it fixed within the hour.

Yeah, it's funny how that works!

Archived