$25 Wash & Fold laundry special (photo of bag)

I, too, have mastered the art of fitting a bunch of laundry into said bag, including blue jeans.

However .. and this is speculation .. there may be a downside to stuffing it so full. I suspect that the bag is placed into a mesh bag that probably isn't much bigger than the plastic bag, and thrown into the giant washers. I don't know this for a fact, but it's logical to assume that they don't tag each and every small item, and they probably wash the entire load as a unit. So, if you've overstuffed it, the cleaning may not be thorough.

That would explain the wrinkles, too!

Probably the only thing I'd want washed would be my jeans - how are they with those? I really don't have to have to deal with having them pressed.

My hubby sent a pair of jeans out this past April when we were on the Explorer. They came back fine. No pressing, but I don't iron jeans at home either. I just take them out of the dryer as soon as they are done.

For those that want to know how big the laundry bag is. I have it next to the cruise compass for comparison. The special was offered on day 5 of our 12 day Mediterranean cruise on the Serenade of the Seas. I hope this helps.

photo-7.jpg

Thanks, I will pack less and wash mid way through the cruise. I have to ask a question though. Will the clothes be wrinkled or do the fold them?

Your description of the bags capacity can also be misleading.:eek::eek::eek:

A week's worth of undies could be one thong each, worn all week,:o, or 14 heavy duty boxers, (changed daily).:) YMMV:D

Are you accusing pcur of wearing her thong all week long?

Thanks, I will pack less and wash mid way through the cruise. I have to ask a question though. Will the clothes be wrinkled or do the fold them?

I have had mixed results. They are usually somewhat folded, but I have had things come back a bit wrinkled.

On our 3 week trip to Europe this summer (12 which were on Serenade) we used this service at least 4 times. I don’t remember there being any special day that the bags were offered, we just asked for them any time we wanted and there was no problem! We weren’t offered any coupons (I may have missed it) but the charge was $25.00 per bag.

It is amazing how much you can fit in these bags! And yes, a few things are a little wrinkled but we always pack a travel size Downy Wrinkle Releaser that does the trick!

My only advice would be not to put something in the bag that is very important to you. We have had two special t-shirts misplaced on different trips and they had to go track them down. They did find them, but it took awhile.

Thank you for that link.

Question - now that the perks are on your Sea Pass card do they provide you with a list onboard of what you have available so that you know? I always liked looking at that little book to see what we could use, but I have to admit that I prefer not having to carry that book around with me!

On our 3 week trip to Europe this summer (12 which were on Serenade) we used this service at least 4 times. I don’t remember there being any special day that the bags were offered, we just asked for them any time we wanted and there was no problem! We weren’t offered any coupons (I may have missed it) but the charge was $25.00 per bag.

It is amazing how much you can fit in these bags! And yes, a few things are a little wrinkled but we always pack a travel size Downy Wrinkle Releaser that does the trick!

I wouldn't travel without it!:D

• 1 month later...

I'm another "roller" and have put upwards of 30 things in there (including shirts and shorts). When it came back, some was in the bag but most of it were on plastic hangers. :cool:

And yes, it can be wrinkled because it is a wash and fold, not wash and iron, but we have never had any major issues with it, very convenient!

• 1 year later...
Does anyone know if they offer any laundry deals on 4 night sailings?

Thanks!

Annette~

Additionally, what about a 16 day? Do they offer the laundry special more than once?

Trying to figure out just how much I need to pack. Most of our cruises have been 7-days, and I packed too much anyway!

Thanks!

Kris

Additionally, what about a 16 day? Do they offer the laundry special more than once?

Trying to figure out just how much I need to pack. Most of our cruises have been 7-days, and I packed too much anyway!

Thanks!

Kris

On our 12 day we were given a bag any time we asked. I'm not that's how it always works but I think we did at least 4 bags which was great since we had another week of vacation after the cruise.

What the picture doesn't show is how it looks FULL. You can get a lot of soft knit clothes in that bag, because it's very stretchy.

I think my record was a week's worth of undies for both of us, 2 pairs of rolled up knit capris for me, 2 pairs of knit shorts for hubby, and several tee shirts.

You have to get creative about closing it at the top. I twirl it around by the top (teeny) piece of bag I can grip, and then tie the pull off band around that very short twisted piece.

That's EXACTLY why I bring duct tape!