Sail and Sign Account Question

jmediii

Just curious because I've always maintained my account onboard with cash but I was wondering if this scenerio was possible.

Can you start by opening your account with cash and then during the cruise say you didn't want to add more cash, could you then give them (Guest Services, I assume) a credit card to charge the rest of the trip? Instead of adding more cash?

Thanks,

What we do is give them our credit card in the beginning and then we go down to Guest Services the last morning (the last evening is too crowded) and pay off our account in cash. Any small amount we charge during the last day we just let it roll to our credit card.

Much easier than having to go back and forth putting more cash on an account........and no big sum getting charged to your credit card

Hope this helps....

I plan on putting my Amex on my S&S card at the beginning of the cruise. Do you have to go to Guest Services before you leave to settle it or is it automatic since you have the charges on a CC? I would hate to settle my bill too early in case we would decide on room service or drinks. They won't take cash that's for sure. If you settle the night before, can you still order something later in the night and they will just add it on your credit card or do you have to go down to Guest Services AGAIN to settle it? :confused:

What we do is give them our credit card in the beginning and then we go down to Guest Services the last morning (the last evening is too crowded) and pay off our account in cash. Any small amount we charge during the last day we just let it roll to our credit card.

Much easier than having to go back and forth putting more cash on an account........and no big sum getting charged to your credit card

Hope this helps....

I would do cash first. Then if there are "holds" on the credit card, you can use the CC freely. Of course that depends on your credit card limit.

Archived