Infant in a Spa Cabin???

I was just reading another thread about pregnancy and cruising and I started wondering if it would be a bad idea to have an infant in a spa cabin??? I was wondering about where dh and I will be when we go on our Breeze Cruise 9/28/13:rolleyes: I really want a spa cabin and would have no prob taking a baby on the cruise. But would an infant (by infant I meal 6 months or older) ruin the spa atmosphere for others around us?? It that even doable?? Any idea or thoughts?

Well I would expect that the spa cabin area is just quieter and somehow more relaxing (lol I don't know how :rolleyes:)??? Am I incorrect?

Lots of areas are quieter, like forward on Lido deck, where there are fewer cabins.

Balconys are the same size as any other balcony, nothing different. How quiet a cabin is, is your neighbors. Not sure why someone booking a spa cabin would be a quieter or noisier neighbor, luck of the draw Id guess.

Are nonsmokers quieter people? I just dont know.

Spa cabins allow as many people to book them .. even though only two get free access to the spa facilities, but they can still have kids booked with them... any kids can make a area noisy if parents let them run in the halls or bang drawers.

We had a spa balcony cabin on the Dream (June 2011) and the Magic (June 2012). Our son (now 12) was in the cabin with us. There are no "restrictions" concerning children. On both cruises, we found our room and hallway to be very quiet and there didn't seem to be many children. Maybe it was just luck of the draw, but no running kids down the hallway or playing in the hall was a nice thing. There is lots and lots of movement in the Deck 11 and Deck 12 forward cabins so if motion sickness is an issue you might have a problem.

We had a spa balcony cabin on the Dream (June 2011) and the Magic (June 2012). Our son (now 12) was in the cabin with us. There are no "restrictions" concerning children. On both cruises, we found our room and hallway to be very quiet and there didn't seem to be many children. Maybe it was just luck of the draw, but no running kids down the hallway or playing in the hall was a nice thing. There is lots and lots of movement in the Deck 11 and Deck 12 forward cabins so if motion sickness is an issue you might have a problem.

Thanks that's what I was getting at. No kids running in the halls, kids knocking on doors and running and all the other loud noises that one could hear on a cruise!:eek: If I had a spa room I'd try to be very quiet, just because I guess....

UMM I think there's more to the spa cabin than just the idea that you can't smoke:mad:. Sometimes I wonder why I even ask questions on these boards ppl can be so rude for no apparent reason!

Thanks that's what I was getting at. No kids running in the halls, kids knocking on doors and running and all the other loud noises that one could hear on a cruise!:eek: If I had a spa room I'd try to be very quiet, just because I guess....

UMM I think there's more to the spa cabin than just the idea that you can't smoke:mad:. Sometimes I wonder why I even ask questions on these boards ppl can be so rude for no apparent reason!

What Im saying is you could find the same on any passenger deck with fewer cabins.

Main and Rivieria have lots of cabins, so odds are that it could be noisier.

Ive been forward on Lido and its just as quiet.

Well, I think it is awsome of you to worry about others :).

I think, based on the fact that you are worried about your baby making noise, that you will be the kind of parent I would hope to be put next to because you care. As a neighbor, a little crying wouldn't bother me any more on the spa deck than on a regular deck. I'm guessing you'll do your best to keep the baby from keeping anyone awake whichever deck you choose, so if you want a spa cabin go for it!

Many times, when my kids were colicky or crying, all it took was taking them outside--and there are worse thing than having to walk around a ship at sea at night to calm a fussy baby. The breeze and ocean air will soothe both of you and probably help get the little one to sleep.

I'm not sure about placement on all the ships, but on the Splendor, my spa cabin was next to the door that went to the waterslide. It was pretty noisy during slide hours.

Archived