Need hotel in NOLA for December

mitsugirly

We sailed out of NOLA last September and after a lot of research and recommendations from the wonderful people here on cc, we stayed at Drury Inn. The place was WONDERFUL and you couldn't beat getting your free dinner and breakfast plus sodas and alcohol for free in the price. We paid $93 that time around.

We just booked our cruise, leaving from NOLA again for this December and we are now looking for a reasonable priced hotel.

I went to check out the prices of Drury yesterday and about had a heart attack when I seen the price they wanted for our date. It is now $219 !!! :eek:

I really don't want to pay that much for 1 night in a hotel and now that I have to rebook my airflights, it looks like the cheapest flight will come in later in the afternoon (around 8 or 9). So, it's not like we will be doing anything. Just needing a place to stay the night pre-cruise.

Any suggestions for a reasonable place to stay around the $100 - $150 range?

I don't suppose there are any other hotels out there that offer the food and drinks included special the way Drury does do they?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions. :)

Based on info here, I think we are staying at the Holiday Inn on Royal, (149) that includes parking...

I just have to figure out if they offer shuttle to port, and if not the best/cheapest way to get the 3 of us to and from the port!!

Good luck!!

We are cruising out of Nola in Feb. We booked the staybridge inn and siutes for 119 a night. All rooms are suites and include free breakfast and an evening reception on Tuesday, Wednesdays, and Thursday's with wine. It gets very good reviews on tripadvisor. You may want to read some of those and see if it suits your needs. Have a great cruise and post a review. This will be my first time in new Orleans and would love to hear about it.:)

• 2 weeks later...
We are cruising out of Nola in Feb. We booked the staybridge inn and siutes for 119 a night. All rooms are suites and include free breakfast and an evening reception on Tuesday, Wednesdays, and Thursday's with wine. It gets very good reviews on tripadvisor. You may want to read some of those and see if it suits your needs. Have a great cruise and post a review. This will be my first time in new Orleans and would love to hear about it.:)

This hotel is starting prices $169, so way too much for us. We will only be there for 1 night (and coming in late) and it will be on a Saturday (plus we don't drink wine) :p

We reserved Springhill Suites on a discount travel site for $79 per night. They have a complimentary breakfast and had pretty good reviews.

Is this a part of Marriott? I'm searching now and the cheapest is $109 (which is still better than most that I've found).

Springhill Suites is part of the Marriot chain. I noticed today the price is down to $71 per room for the time we will be going in December. I called and they changed my reservation so I saved $40. I went through the online site that has "minute" as it's middle name;)

Springhill Suites is part of the Marriot chain. I noticed today the price is down to $71 per room for the time we will be going in December. I called and they changed my reservation so I saved $40. I went through the online site that has "minute" as it's middle name;)

I'm looking to book for last day November and first day December this year. Springhill Suites are showing $160 + per night for those nights but I can't seem to find the website you refer to either so there may be a better deal there. Can you elaborate on what the first word is or provide another tip?

I will be there the day after you. I will have to check with last minute again and see what they say. It looks like a nice place to stay and really close to the ships.

Do you know if you can see the ship from the hotel?

Also, I can't figure out which one it is on there. I spent hours last night trying to compare photos and the only one I could figure out was Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel. :(

Can you tell me how many "miles" it says it is to the airport? Maybe that would narrow it down. It also says 4 stars right?

It's last minute travel dot com. I think it comes up as a 3.5 star motel but if you compare the pictures to the pictures on the Springhill Suite site you can make sure it's the same one. The last time I looked it was $71 per night. It says it's 15.4 miles from the airport.

Hope this helps.

It's last minute travel dot com. I think it comes up as a 3.5 star motel but if you compare the pictures to the pictures on the Springhill Suite site you can make sure it's the same one. The last time I looked it was $71 per night. It says it's 15.4 miles from the airport.

Hope this helps.

Yea, that's the site I've been looking at and just couldn't find it (comparing pictures until I'm blue in the face trying to figure it out). :cool:

I finally found it. I had to turn on the 3 star hotels in order to find it and I see the one that says 15.4 miles.

It says it is $87 for Saturday. I wonder why it's so much more just 1 day later than your day. :(

Yea, that's the site I've been looking at and just couldn't find it (comparing pictures until I'm blue in the face trying to figure it out). :cool:

I finally found it. I had to turn on the 3 star hotels in order to find it and I see the one that says 15.4 miles.

It says it is $87 for Saturday. I wonder why it's so much more just 1 day later than your day. :(

Which area did you enter?

Just tried using Warehouse District to narrow down the search for Spring Hill Suites on LMT and it doesn't come up with anything that looks like it for our dates Nov 30 and Dec 1. In fact it doesn't come up with anything in the Warehouse District that includes breakfast for those dates.

• 1 month later...
We reserved Springhill Suites on a discount travel site for $79 per night. They have a complimentary breakfast and had pretty good reviews.

I was wondering, since you have already booked Springhill with LMT, did they actually take the money from your cc and it's considered paid for in full? Or is this place like most hotels where they use the cc to hold the room for you but actually don't charge the cc until you arrive? :confused:

I was wondering, since you have already booked Springhill with LMT, did they actually take the money from your cc and it's considered paid for in full? Or is this place like most hotels where they use the cc to hold the room for you but actually don't charge the cc until you arrive? :confused:

I used LMT to book Country Inn & Suites. The full amount for 2 nights was charged to our credit card on booking. The payment was to LMT.

Check out the Prytania Park Hotel, in NOLA, they have 3 different hotels associated with them. We booked for the nite before our Dec. 9th cruise and 3 nites after. They look good, low cost, and no charges to cancel, and no minimum nite stay. We didnt want to spend a million dollars for a hotel, but wanted something that wasn't massive, but quaint. They are closer to the cruise ship terminal.

The T.A. reviews look good. ;)

Check out the Prytania Park Hotel, in NOLA, they have 3 different hotels associated with them. We booked for the nite before our Dec. 9th cruise and 3 nites after. They look good, low cost, and no charges to cancel, and no minimum nite stay. We didnt want to spend a million dollars for a hotel, but wanted something that wasn't massive, but quaint. They are closer to the cruise ship terminal.

The T.A. reviews look good. ;)

Do they offer anything like breakfast with your stay? Every little bit helps. :D

I just tried to do a search for that hotel and no website came up? :confused: The only place I could get info on it was with Expedia and when I put in the dates needed it said that there wasn't any availability for those nights because the number of guest exceed the amount allowed for the room. :eek: (We are only 2 adults and a child). :rolleyes:

Archived