Need hotel in NOLA for December

mitsugirly

:(Opps, try prytaniaparkhotel.com they do have a complimentary continental breakfast.

At the bottom of their web page they list two other hotels they operate.

Looks kinda nice, and different from a lot of other stuff in town.

You can see rooms and rates directly on their web site. They do not appear to be book up at this time.

Hope this helps.

;)

:D Oh, and we will be on a 'food-fast' getting ready for the cruise, so I will not make much of an effort to consume too much.

They make money on us on the excursions, but I try to make up for it in the buffets......once we are on that ship, I will try to eat my way to break-even.:cool:

:D Oh, and we will be on a 'food-fast' getting ready for the cruise, so I will not make much of an effort to consume too much.

They make money on us on the excursions, but I try to make up for it in the buffets......once we are on that ship, I will try to eat my way to break-even.:cool:

I know what you mean. I do the same thing. I average about 6-10 pounds + each cruise...which reminds me, I need to get the last 3 cruises "break-even" pounds off before my next cruise. :D

Thanks for the link. I'll check them out.

I love the Drury, but their prices are way up! They do run specials all the time, so keep checking. All their free food really helps!

Try the Hampton Inns. I have stayed at the Hampton Inn Garden District and it is a nice hotel with a good hot breakfast!

http://www.neworleanshamptoninns.com/new-orleans-cruising.php

I love the Drury, but their prices are way up! They do run specials all the time, so keep checking. All their free food really helps!

Try the Hampton Inns. I have stayed at the Hampton Inn Garden District and it is a nice hotel with a good hot breakfast!

http://www.neworleanshamptoninns.com/new-orleans-cruising.php

Is the Garden District the one closest to the port? Within walking distance to the boardwalk?

No the Garden District is not the one closest to the port. I think Hampton Inn Convention Center is the closest to port. Taxi's in New Orleans are not expensive. They can also take you to the terminal in a back way, so they do not have to wait in all of the traffic lining up for the terminal. We only stayed at the Garden District because it had free cruise parking, but you don't have to worry about that. :)

I know what you mean. I do the same thing. I average about 6-10 pounds + each cruise...which reminds me, I need to get the last 3 cruises "break-even" pounds off before my next cruise. :D

Thanks for the link. I'll check them out.

Try the Drury again and add the promotional rate BEST to the box. We are staying there 2 nights before our Navigator Cruise around the same time. We are paying 269 for two nights so it is about 134 a night. Roz

Aren't y'all taking a chance booking a hotel without knowing the name of it. I just went to lastminutuetravel dot com and I am just getting an area, no name. :confused:

If you look at the pictures that lmt provides you can usually figure out what hotel it is. It list several indicators like distance and the amenities along with the pictures. If you go to the hotels website, you will see the exact same pictures, so you can pretty much figure out which hotel it is. :)

Aren't y'all taking a chance booking a hotel without knowing the name of it. I just went to lastminutuetravel dot com and I am just getting an area, no name. :confused:

If you call the LMT toll free number, they will also tell you the hotel names before you book.

This past March we stayed at Maison St. Charles Comfort Inn and Suites, on St. Charles Avenue at the eastern edge of the Garden District. Very nice. Lots of eating places within easy walking distance. The trolley stops right at the front door so that's easy access to just about any area of New Orleans you would want to visit. We did not have a vehicle to park so we took a cab to the port - arrived very quickly and got us to the port in less than 15 minutes which was great considering the area was filling up with pedestrians and vehicles getting ready for the St. Patrick's Day Parade. You might want to check that out.

Have a great trip !! :)

Why not try and name your own price on Priceline? I did that for a trip last October to NOLA and again for this December. I got the Courtyard Marriot in the Warehouse District for $50/night.

Not a bad deal at all.

I can honestly say I have NEVER had a positive experience with "naming my own price". I've used that site multiple times since 2006 and NEVER have they accepted my "price" until it was within $5.00 of what the original price was. :rolleyes: I vowed to never try them again after several years of trying and never being accepted.

Try the Drury again and add the promotional rate BEST to the box. We are staying there 2 nights before our Navigator Cruise around the same time. We are paying 269 for two nights so it is about 134 a night. Roz

I don't know why I didn't see this post before. I tried doing this and it didn't change the rate AT ALL. :( It's still $219 per night. :eek:

I just ended up booking Sprinhill Suites in the Warehouse district. I just couldn't pass up the deal and Tripadvisor seems to get great reviews on the place. Also with free hot breakfast to start the day out before heading to the ship was an added plus. So, I'm happy. :D

I just ended up booking Sprinhill Suites in the Warehouse district. I just couldn't pass up the deal and Tripadvisor seems to get great reviews on the place. Also with free hot breakfast to start the day out before heading to the ship was an added plus. So, I'm happy. :D

Glad you found something, I guess your dates were higher because it was a weekend. Can't wait to see NO, never been there Roz

Glad you found something, I guess your dates were higher because it was a weekend. Can't wait to see NO, never been there Roz

I'm not sure if it's because of the weekend or the time of year?? :confused: We have always sailed out on the weekend and booked the day prior to departure and have never seen prices like this before. :eek:

Thanks to Cruise Critic for pointing me to LMT. Booked the Country Inn & Suites as a 'hidden deal' for a total of $154 for two nights ($77/night, taxes included for our January, 2013 cruise. It was that or gambling on Priceline and none of the Hotwire "Hot Deals" could touch the price. This was much better, though I should say that I've had good experiences on Priceline, too.

I also have to say that I found out (from a friend that uses LMT) that if you do a bogus booking with them and then add anything to it (like car rental, an attraction or whatever) at the end of it prior to buying it, it will tell you what hotel is it that you are booking. I haven't personally tried it, but she said that's how she finds out what hotel it is.

Also if you call them to book, they will tell you what hotel it is. They are also able to reduce the cost even more on certain bookings. So, that's worth a shot as well. :)

Archived