Just Back From Mariner--June 16-26

Also, Wes, thanks very much for posting the info about Jamie's blog--that looks like fun and I have subscribed to the feed.

And, PepC--sorry to hear about the horrible start to your trip in Rome. Very glad that you enjoyed everything once on board and I hope that your extra week on board after we left you was just as much fun as the first 10 days.

Atlanta99, you're very welcome. Don't you just love this Atlanta Heat :)

PepC..sent your hotel summary to Guest Relations at RSSC they handle all concerns post cruise, the guy who responded to me is a pro and told me he forwarded your summary about Hotel Albani to the Regent Hotel folks for their review. Pls see his reply below.

Hooah Colonel! Thanks for the tip. I will forward to my hotel people for their perusal.

Thank you,

Joe

Guest Relations Department

Joe Pila | Guest Relations Administrator

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

8300 NW 33rd Street | Suite 100

Miami, Florida 33122

tel.954.776.6123 ext. 5811 | fax: 954.351.2119 | http://www.RSSC.com

Thanks for forwarding our message to corporate, Colonel!

We certainly made our thoughts known during our "mid-cruise" review.

Hopefully, Regent will find a suitable substitute for the Hotel Albani!

Safe travels!

Thank you for such a wonderful review especially as my husband and I are on a back to back cruise from Venice to Barcelona in Sept on the Mariner. We were on the Navigator in 2010 and thought that was superb in every way but I keep hearing Mariner is better ....can't wait

The Mariner has more public areas than the Navigator. I think you will enjoy it very much. I and my two adult daughters are on the first segment of your cruise to Monte Carlo - if you are on the Sept 6 sailing from Venice.

Thank you Atlanta99 and PepC for your comments. I had never heard of Hotel Albani in Rome and out of curiosity googled it. IMO it has a very poor location. These hotels that Regent use which are located in the Parioli district are really only convenient to the Borghese Gardens and the museum. I think people can do better booking on their own (especially if you can share costs for transport to port with at least another couple).

The Mariner does have lovely public spaces. However, my DH does not like the smaller suites with the small closets and very tiny safes. The Voyager is our favorite ship but we are happy to sail on either ship -- depending upon itinerary.

Archived