How many ships at the same time in port?

dons_shopper

Hi! I have read that some people posted how many ships will be at a certain day in a certain port? Where can I find that information? I will leave from Venice at August 4 and do the Greek Island Cruise.

Thank you for your help! Especially at Santorini it makes a huge difference!

Here is one of the sites.

http://www.cruisetimetables.com/

Keep in mind they tend to show cruise ships that are mainly those that folks from North America sail so you aren't going to see say cruise ships that are focused on passengers primarily from Greece on these sites.

Keith

Thank you, Keith! That helps a lot. Although I must say: By far too many ships in the same ports at the same time :p. But - good to know! This might influence our decisions what to do when...

Tammy

Thank you, Keith! That helps a lot. Although I must say: By far too many ships in the same ports at the same time :p. But - good to know! This might influence our decisions what to do when...

Tammy

Tammy, in general on these type of itineraries I don't see it being a major problem. They are used to lots of tourists this time of the year.

Keith

On our stop to Santorini on the Celebrity Millenium, the captain made the decision to switch our Santorini and Athens days because there were going to be four or five ships in port. He switched so we were the only ship in Santorini. Meant that we had to change our private excursion plans but the ship allowed us to call the tour operator in Athens and paid for it.

Does your cruise still show on the website for your cruise line?

Your countdown does not say ship or cruise line or date so I couldn't check for you. (I'm not sure if your countdown accurately is indicating Carnival or is generic.)

I would verify it still shows on the cruise line site to be certain the ship has not been chartered or going to newly scheduled dry dock WHICH IS UNLIKELY....... but still, you should confirm. IMO

Archived