Recommendations for Evening, Ship leaves @ 11

Cruising Photographer

We are doing a sunset sail as we are in port from 2 to 11 pm. after the sail, we plan to walk in town and then head back to our ship. Several companies offer sunset cruises, and I researched them via trip advisor.

I booked with Bounty Adventures for two weeks from now. Will post a review once I return. Be careful when checking them out, some of the outfits called it a sunset cruise, and it was a fishing boat, or motorboat, not a sail boat.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from the Freedom. We were in Curacao from 2-11 pm. I was concerned about this port....wondering what to do after the dreaded 6 pm everything shuts down.

We (9 of 13 of us ) wanted to visit a beach so we took a CCL excursion (Beach Day Express on bus) to Blue Bay Beach. The beach was very pretty but by the time we got there.....all the chairs & shade were taken. Our guide did go around and try to get chairs for all the people but it was tough going.

It surprised us that the water was pretty cold.....not warm like DR or any of the other islands we have been to.

The "concession" stand had pretty good food for reasonable prices....the restaurant didn't actually open until 6 pm and we had to leave at 5:15. We had fast food like fries and other stuff.

Showers were primitive outside of restrooms....lots of sand in area and then after the shower you had to walk through the sand, so tough to get semi clean.

When we got back.....we met our other 4 friends who said they tried to walk around in the afternoon but it was too hot, so they went back to the ship to relax and eat dinner on the ship. We had planned to meet around 7ish and it was easy to find each other.

All of us went to the Renassaince (sp) Mall next to the ship. Several shops were still open at 7pm there. They have an open courtyard as part of the fort and lots of activity going on there.

We went upstairs to the top level to the OceanView Restaurant and Bar and had fabulous food and drinks. Met the owner (who worked hard the whole evening accomodating the 13 of us) who was very nice! The food & drinks were reasonably priced and the view was lovely.

When we finally left around 9pm.....it was very dark and we walked to the floating bridge and waited for it to open for us. We walked across the bridge and the bars/restaurants were hopping! The area is really beautiful at night!

So it ended up being a nice time.

• 2 months later...
I booked with Bounty Adventures for two weeks from now. Will post a review once I return. Be careful when checking them out, some of the outfits called it a sunset cruise, and it was a fishing boat, or motorboat, not a sail boat.

Did you end up taking that cruise? How was the company? We are looking for options for this kind of thing. Thanks!

Archived