Cave Tubing Comparison and a few questions...

rockbock

just returned from cavetubing bz. off the legend and it was great... carnival did keep you on the ship longer then their excursions so make sure you get your number early go to bkft and then go back to board the tender... we went at 8:55 and waited 1hour and 10 minutes to get the tender off the ship.. i was so happy when i hurried to terminal 2 outside they were all waiting and off we went with 10 other people.. they did gett us back half hour before the time..very reliable and lunch was great.. you did not feel rushed.and cave tubing water now is not high so no worry about drowing or going fast. tons of groups around so you always feel safe. equipment is goood and you clip on to other rafts. :D

Great thread, AMAZING COMPARISON! can't wait to see what others say.

BonVoyage

Dawna

ALL cave tubing is linked together by feet and armpits!! Sorry :rolleyes: (or it was in 2007 anyway...lol)

Did this tour with .com and loved them, we also went atving and lunch

I cant remember how much now but it was resonalbe

ALL cave tubing is linked together by feet and armpits!! Sorry :rolleyes: (or it was in 2007 anyway...lol)

Did this tour with .com and loved them, we also went atving and lunch

I cant remember how much now but it was resonalbe

I'm pretty sure things have changed since 2007. VIV does not link feet and armpits, and I believe one or both of the others no longer do either.

We used cavetubing.bz last trip and I booked with them again. We had plenty of time to shop and explore. They were great at catering to our timeframe.

Cave toured with bz last week. We didn't get in to 11 a.m. due to a late arrival. They were there waiting. Had a great guide who stood talking in the van for a good half hour. There were good bathrooms at the site. Drink some water before taking the hike to the cave because no plastic bottles are permitted. Very nice tubes and feet are not linked. We were a group of 10 so we had a front and rear guide. Sights in cave were wonderful.

To accomodate are late arrival we did just 3 caves. I suggest wearing old tennis shoes. The trail to get to the cave is all gravel and those wearing water shoes did complain about their feet hurting. We paid 40 but that was due to booking during the summer.

The food was beans and rice, chicken, cole slaw Tasted great

Wish more people would chime in. We're leaning towards Viv because of the headrests/linked tubes.

We did river tubing in Dominica &, IMO, a head rest would've come in handy.

Just got back and we did CaveTubing.bz. They were awesome. Had a group of 16. Richard our guide and driver was fantastic.

The tubes have head rests so no feet to pit. You can link or not, up to you as long as you stay close to your guides group.

Lunch was awesome. They had us back with a couple hours to spare before last tender.

Highly recommended.

Scott :)

Used Cavetubing.com last week. Speedi and his crew were awesome. Beer and cashew wine on the way there, tubes with headrests and a nice lunch on the way back at less than half the price of the cruiselines.

We are planning on booking with .biz becasue of the multi excursion discount. IF you book multiple excursions with them then you can save up to $5.00 per person. We are going to book a Costa Maya excursion and the Belieze cave tubing. They offer excursions in several ports of call so you can combine all of your excursions in one company. I LIKE IT.

MSCruiser, I'm thinking of booking with .bz for the cave tubing and am looking for something to do in Costa Maya. Where did you find this multiple-port excursion discount deal? I don't see any other ports listed on their homepage!

I have booked us for cabe tubing in Belize. I can't wear lace up shoes due to arthritis in my feet causing them to swell. I have some Teva water sandals that are good for river walking over rocks. Does anyone have an opinion about wearing these on the trek to the caves?

Norine

My DH wore Teva water sandals and he had no difficulty walking with these on the hike to the caves.

We found the trail to be well maintained, comprised of hard packed dirt and stones. Here is a photo depicting what the trail looks like.

DSCF0124_zps43f6b763.jpg

Used Cavetubing.com last week. Speedi and his crew were awesome. Beer and cashew wine on the way there, tubes with headrests and a nice lunch on the way back at less than half the price of the cruiselines.

We use Cavetubing.com and can only second what this poster said. Had a great time and Speedy and his crew were outstanding. I would highly recommend them.

Anybody been in the caves lately? Wondering what the water level looks like. I've heard it can be low at times. A friend of mine is planning to do this tour in about a week and a half and I was hoping to find out how much water is there now.

Anybody been in the caves lately? Wondering what the water level looks like. I've heard it can be low at times. A friend of mine is planning to do this tour in about a week and a half and I was hoping to find out how much water is there now.

No problem with water level. We were there two weeks ago.

We were not on a cruise, but in Belize on our own, ad we too used CaveTubing.bz. We did not choose them, our hotel on San Pedro Island uses them all the time, and set it up! Our Guide was Leo and he was awesome!! We did the Ruins and Zip Lining as well. I wrote about those on another thread.

We had a short walk--I have Tevas's and they were just fine! Even better--they dry out quickly! 1 can not wear flip flops! I guerss if your there early in the day they really watch out for that and will deny you entrance--but supposedly slack off on that during the afternoon???

We did this on Feb 7th 2013 and the water levels were just fine, water temp was very nice---I am Canadian, so whats cold to me, may be a different story for you,lol) But I found the water very nice!! Near the end, my wussy American wife (kidding) had a few goose bumps!

Yes it is completely dark for some parts, but on ur helmet is a very strong light. It was just myself and wife along with Leo on this tour. We went on a very leisurely pace, and it was very informative, thanks to Leo! if your expecting something very fast, you will be disappointed!! I think there are some parts that may be a bit faster, but nothing that wild.

Had a great time! The bathrooms where you change----The floors are wet--I mention that is when ur taking off//on ur clothes, you don't want them to touch the floor!!

We put on bug juice!! esp for the walk, it is required.

Thanks for the info on the water levels. And thanks for the tip about bug spray. Didn't think about that! :)

I'm sure if you email the tour companies, they can give you a good idea what the water level will be when your time comes.

I should mention that tubes are very comfy, have a head rest, place to put a bottle and they link in----so you do NOT have to wrap ur legs around the tube in front of you.

I highly recommend people invest in a water proof camera--Along with a floating strap----YES the camera may be water proof, but they do not float!! We have a Panasonic DMC-TS20 and it took great pics and videos and I bough tit for around $170!! I really wanted the Canon D20, but was another $100, not worth it to me as this camera is just used around water.

I'm seconding the question about doing a cave tube with ziplining for these companies. I'm leaning towards .bz because of the lunch, but can people chime in with their experiences?

I just went with bz last week. They were great!! Our guides were Jenny, Robin, and Elsner. Lunch was very good and lots and lots of Rum Punch!! We had a grand time.

Archived