cannot book Flowrider on line for Eastern ??

Have made a few calls to Royal re: inability to book Flowrider lessons on line. They told Friday that because it was an Eastern itinerary, they could not be booked until on-board. Has anyone experienced this? They did note that they are usually available 60 days prior, we are going sooner than that.

Thanks!!

Hi

I'm just back off Liberty yesterday and my advice would br to save yourself some money and don't bother booking private lessons

I booked an hour surfing for my son on the last day at sea but it's not private. They can take up to 8 per lesson, my son had 3 other surfers and 4 boogie boarders so as well as his tuition he had about 4 turns !! The boogie boarders are on longer as its harder to fall off do the surfers get less time.

There are ample opportunities throughout the cruise to get flow rider time without wasting $60 dollars per lesson?

Ally

Hi

I'm just back off Liberty yesterday and my advice would br to save yourself some money and don't bother booking private lessons

I booked an hour surfing for my son on the last day at sea but it's not private. They can take up to 8 per lesson, my son had 3 other surfers and 4 boogie boarders so as well as his tuition he had about 4 turns !! The boogie boarders are on longer as its harder to fall off do the surfers get less time.

There are ample opportunities throughout the cruise to get flow rider time without wasting $60 dollars per lesson?

Ally

Thanks, Ally! We had 5 wanting to do it, that's spme big chunk of change if we were saddled with 3 boogie-boarding folks!

Yeah $300 dollars if far too much to spend on that, it really isn't worth it.

The Flowrider is great, don't get me wrong. I tried it out standing up and its great fun ( managed 19 seconds once ) - i didn't try boogie boarding as the queues get long at times and i was quite happy sitting in the sun watching my son enjoying himself.

If you time it right, especially in the mornings when there are trips on, then there are only a few people there and you get lots of goes & you can save your $300 for a trip or good night out !!

Ally

Hi

Ally

Did the OP say which ship? With Oasis and Allure they have 2 flowriders and one is used for stand up surfing and the other for body boards. People that did lessons here reported they got enough time.

Did the OP say which ship? With Oasis and Allure they have 2 flowriders and one is used for stand up surfing and the other for body boards. People that did lessons here reported they got enough time.

SORRY! It is for Freedom. Everyone is supposed to be able to read my mind!!

Thanks

:D

BettyTrouble, I sailed Freedom in December with my five grandkids. I was going to book private lessons online; and yes we did Eastern route; you could book online; anyway save your money, my grandkids had plenty of time on the flowrider; my 14 year old spent the entire cruise boogie boarding and stand up. They can split the flowrider and allow boogie boarding on one side and stand up on the other, or boogie boarding on both sides. If your kids go to Adventure Ocean; they get to have private time on the Flowrider. My grandkids got plenty of time on flowrider; there is so much to do on Freedom, and flowrider is just one activity. Have fun; if you have anymore questions let me know.

Thank you!! I have only one that is young enough for Adventure Ocean , my 11 year old . The other 2 are 13 .

I won't stress about it- i have a feeling everyone will find SOMETHINg to do!

Thansk so much for your reply!

ELizabeth

We traveled with friends who did lessons for their teenagers. There were 5 total "students" in their class and I would estimate each person got 15 minutes of solo time (the lesson was late in the evening and ran a bit long) in 2-3 chunks. They did a second lesson where there were only 3 students and each person obviously got quite a bit of individualized instruction/time on the board.

However, it's definitely not you alone for an hour unless you happen to pick a time that no one else picks, which is unlikely on a ship that size.

One benefit to a lesson is one-on-one time with an instructor. If you're not proficient in the Flow-Rider or simply want to get better, this can really help. And they work at keeping you "up," so you get a much longer ride than when doing it as part of the masses.

Whether it's "worth" the $60 is a personal decision.

SORRY! It is for Freedom. Everyone is supposed to be able to read my mind!!

Thanks

:D

No problem! Still it might be worth checking when on-board. The person who said they mixed body board and stand up surfers was probably right, but I have heard of them doing more than one class and if you expressed your concern they would probably tell you how many people were signed up, or they would accept.

Archived