Port of Rotterdam to Rome, your thoughts.

billroddy

HAL has a 17-DAY MOORISH EMPIRE from Rotterdam R/T to the usual Mediterranean ports and to Lisbon.

Ship: ms Rotterdam. Date Sept. 29.

An HH cabin is $1399, which is $82.29 per day plus air credits of $500.

Any comments?

Bill

Ancient Mariner

From what friends experienced on a port of Rotterdam, round trip, cruise on the Rotterdam it was their worse exerience on a HAL cruise. VERY rude fellow passengers. Completely ignored no smoking areas on Lido deck, Crow's Nest, etc. VERY rude to staff. Refused to use hand santizer, and as a result the whole cruise, but for a few days were code Red. I am just passing on what I was told.

From what friends experienced on a port of Rotterdam, round trip, cruise on the Rotterdam it was their worse exerience on a HAL cruise. VERY rude fellow passengers. Completely ignored no smoking areas on Lido deck, Crow's Nest, etc. VERY rude to staff. Refused to use hand santizer, and as a result the whole cruise, but for a few days were code Red. I am just passing on what I was told.

So not a HAL issue, but a group of rude pax?

HAL has a 17-DAY MOORISH EMPIRE from Rotterdam R/T to the usual Mediterranean ports and to Lisbon.

Ship: ms Rotterdam. Date Sept. 29.

An HH cabin is $1399, which is $82.29 per day plus air credits of $500.

Any comments?

Bill

Ancient Mariner

Sounds cheaper than staying home and renting travel videos. :p

How did they determine the lack of hand sanitizers by a few passenger led to entire ship being Code red? Did they do DNA testing to trace infections in other passengers back to these few that you saw? BTW Hand sanitizers offer little protection against noro-virus which is what triggers Code Red. Could it be there was some other source?

What did these passengers with the dirty hands do before and after that got into the entire ship's system as you claim, or were there enough of them that when they got sick, the magic percentage of sick passengers was met that triggered putting the ship on Code Red status. So many accusations. So few facts.

It is a nice itinerary at a bargain price. Round trip from Rotterdam simplifies and may cheapen air travel. Arrive a couple of days early, see some of the Netherlands, and be certain not to miss the ship.

The port intensive days are broken up with some relaxing sea days. You will only get a taste of the countries you visit. Many passengers will want to tour Rome, Seville, and Grenada, which are far from the ports. I would expect to see a lot of Europeans on the ship.

On the downside, the Rotterdam is no longer my favorite ship. The removal of the outside pool and the addition of the lanai cabins did not improve the ship. I do not know what the smoking issues may be, but HAL staff seems to ignore transgressions rather than confront them.

Archived