On the 6-30-12 Liberty... Diamond/Milestone sailing

It is a 25% OBC of the fare paid for each person, so your son can get it, too, but not for the cabin, only for his fare. I assume you're choosing to take it on this sailing; it doesn't actually have to be on the 25th cruise. We are waiting to use ours on a longer sailing and may use mine on one sailing and my DH's on another one to spread it out.

Tom:

The current code is :

BGT002

Btw, I have NO IDEA where these codes come from. I had never even heard of them before our Hawaiian cruise.

Someone here on Cruise Critic mentioned it....THANKS to whomever that was!!!

Not to hijack but this seems like a good place to remind everyone about the cabin safes.

The cabin safes are card sliders not 4 digit codes. My DSIL used her bank card before she realized what would happen. They tell you not to use your Sail and Sign card but not Not to use your credit card or bank card. If you have an old empty gift card or an expired store card, those work great. I know the Gap stores in our area keep a jar of empty cards on their counters that you can help yourself to if you're in need.

Back to Tom and Cheryl!

BTW, enjoyed meeting you at the Blackjack table after the GPD party. Hope we didn't mess up your luck!

BTW, enjoyed meeting you at the Blackjack table after the GPD party. Hope we didn't mess up your luck!

Ahhh, that was YOU GUYS!!

No, not at all, you can't really mess up what wasn't there! ;)

I hope you two enjoyed the cruise as much as we did!

Nice meeting you as well. :)

Tom

Here is the new sign at Guest Services marking the special line they have there:

[IMG]http://tom-n-cheryl.smugmug.com/CRUISES/Carnival-Liberty-June-30th/i-wDLWK6V/0/M/Diamond-Platinum-Line-at-Guest-M.jpg[/IMG]

A shot of the Liberty in Cozumel - the ONLY ship in port that day (and not only at the Puerta Maya pier)! I don't recall any visits there where we were alone!

[IMG]http://tom-n-cheryl.smugmug.com/CRUISES/Carnival-Liberty-June-30th/i-Drhjwmc/0/L/Liberty-in-Cozumel-L.jpg[/IMG]

Tom

[quote name='kkdleon']Not to hijack but this seems like a good place to remind everyone about the cabin safes.

The cabin safes are card sliders not 4 digit codes. My DSIL used her bank card before she realized what would happen. They tell you not to use your Sail and Sign card but not Not to use your credit card or bank card. If you have an old empty gift card or an expired store card, those work great. I know the Gap stores in our area keep a jar of empty cards on their counters that you can help yourself to if you're in need.

Back to Tom and Cheryl!

BTW, enjoyed meeting you at the Blackjack table after the GPD party. Hope we didn't mess up your luck![/QUOTE]

I just got back yesterday from the Liberty. Had a wonderful time. Just joined Cruise Critic, but read the forums quite often. I did not use the safe, although considered it, but your advice about not using a credit card for the safe raised a question. What happens when you use a CC? Hate to sound like such a newbie, but didn't recall seeing this mentioned in other posts, in my many forum readings and would like to know for future cruises. Thanks!

[quote name='araess1']I just got back yesterday from the Liberty. Had a wonderful time. Just joined Cruise Critic, but read the forums quite often. I did not use the safe, although considered it, but your advice about not using a credit card for the safe raised a question. What happens when you use a CC? Hate to sound like such a newbie, but didn't recall seeing this mentioned in other posts, in my many forum readings and would like to know for future cruises. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I've never had it happen, but I have heard of the magnetic strip of the card getting damaged (not physically, but the data on it).

Tom

[quote name='Tom-n-Cheryl']Ahhh, that was YOU GUYS!!

No, not at all, you can't really mess up what wasn't there! ;)

I hope you two enjoyed the cruise as much as we did!

Nice meeting you as well. :)

Tom[/QUOTE]

That was us! I told you my post count was super low considering how long ive been a member and how many cruises we have been on the past few years!

It was great to put faces with cruise critic names. I have to admit, with you two celebrating such high cruise counts, I pictured you two to be older :o(I never looked at your avatar and signatures are turned off).

I dont know about you, but I was surprised there weren't more Platinums and Diamonds at the party. Gold seemed to be the majority. From the way everyone on CC was discussing the VIFP changes, I assumed there were many more Platinums.

We had a great week also. I particularly liked that the rain happened mostly at night and then we were left with good weather for the day! I definitely enjoyed the Liberty more this time than last time, especially with the 2.0 changes :D

[quote name='LHP']A word of warning if you are talk about the Thirsty Frog beer.

I had it on the Magic and it was wonderful (and I am very picky about my beer).

Had it on the Spirit and it was good IF I got it from a bar that was inside. It was more bitter, if I got it from a bar that was outside .

Had it on the Elation and it was just bitter both times I had one....

I do not know if this product is not "traveling" well or what....

so if you are talking about the Thirsty Frog...make sure you get it from a bar that is indoors.... although that is no guarantee....[/QUOTE]

We ended up at the EA Sports Bar to try the Thirsty Frog beer. They gave us a sample first which we tried - and then it was like "hook us up"! Good stuff - and thanks for the tip!

Tom

[quote name='Tom-n-Cheryl']Our journey off the ship yesterday was delayed slightly by a passing shower, but we made it over to our Cabana and had a nice few hours there. We enjoyed the padded double lounger by the water’s edge. Even though there was still some high clouds, the heat of the sun was apparent – especially given the lack of a steady breeze (we are lightweights when it comes to lying out on the beach). We retreated back to the nice loungers under the shade of the cabana’s porch. A somewhat better breeze was enjoyed there thanks to the direction of the wind. The inside of the cabana was comfortable, with a wall mounted AC unit set to 72 degrees. There was a ceiling fan inside, though I think it would make more sense to have it on the porch! We were in cabana #7 (out of 8), thus near the end. There were bathrooms and a bar basically right behind our cabana – with plenty loud music to enjoy (or not)!

We took advantage of the bar/food service and ordered a bucket of Coronas along with some Nachos. The Nachos part of the order was quickly altered when I saw what was passing for Nachos as the guy next door received his order! We instead opted for a plate of wings and fries. Wings were available mild, hot, or extra hot. We decided on hot, wanting ours to at least have some flavor. Let’s just say that the wings are an item we will PASS on when we return on the Legend in October! Very small (pinkie size) with a sweet/tangy, but not tasty, sauce. The fries were just OK - especially when compared to the fries at Guy’s Burger Joint on the ship! We then realized that the server did not bring any paper towels. That’s OK, our Carnival towels came in handy for that! During the time we were on our porch probably 4 different groups of people walking by on the beach decided to enjoy our beachfront loungers and hammock. I will say that the two security guys they had there did a great job of informing those people of the reserved nature of those amenities, and the people would be on their way. Cheryl and I did enjoy the hammock for about 25 minutes – very relaxing!

End total -- small plate of wings/fries and 6 coronas= $35.

Tom[/QUOTE]

Tom, what beach was that in Roatan ?

[quote name='iluvdoxies']Tom, what beach was that in Roatan ?[/QUOTE]

Mahogany Bay - You take the "Magical Flying Beach Chair" (yeah, I know! ) from the shopping area down to the beach. Carnival owns that whole stretch I assume.

Tom

[quote name='Tom-n-Cheryl']We ended up at the EA Sports Bar to try the Thirsty Frog beer. They gave us[B] a sample first [/B]which we tried - and then it was like "hook us up"! Good stuff - and thanks for the tip!

Tom[/QUOTE]

That is a great idea!!!

I will do that from now on....because I have gotten a couple that were not worth drinking. Another cruiser on the Elation with us experienced the same thing....
so I was glad it wasn't just me.

I did send John a note to forward to the "keg masters" to see if there was something going on that they needed to be aware of. Perhaps it does not have a long shelf life???

[quote name='Tom-n-Cheryl']Mahogany Bay - You take the "Magical Flying Beach Chair" (yeah, I know! ) from the shopping area down to the beach. Carnival owns that whole stretch I assume.

Tom[/QUOTE]

Thanks ! we've been there, but didnt have a cabanna.

[quote name='Tom-n-Cheryl']Mahogany Bay - You take the "Magical Flying Beach Chair" (yeah, I know! ) from the shopping area down to the beach. Carnival owns that whole stretch I assume.

Tom[/QUOTE]

I don't know that Carnival owns any part of the beach. The port there is a joint venture between Carnival and Jerry Hynds (who probably does).

[quote name='LHP']Tom:

The current code is :

BGT002

Btw, I have NO IDEA where these codes come from. I had never even heard of them before our Hawaiian cruise.

Someone here on Cruise Critic mentioned it....THANKS to whomever that was!!![/QUOTE]

Is this allowed. Would seem dishonest to me. :confused:

[quote name='Sargent_Schultz']Is this allowed. Would seem dishonest to me. :confused:[/quote]

[COLOR=darkred]One can do a Google search, or do a [I]Cruise Critic[/I] search [B]. . .[/B] and get the same result. If CCL wanted to restrict its use, it would.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred][/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]There were/are some additional codes as well, but I'm not sure if they are still valid. One was for 15%, which is even better. :)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#8b0000][/COLOR]
[COLOR=white].[/COLOR]

[quote name='Chigirlcruzin']Why wouldn't it be? If companies don't want codes shared, they issue individual, one time use codes.[/QUOTE]

What is that saying? Locks only keep honest people honest?

A company should not have to - it drives costs up.

Of course, when Carnival discontinues the program due to abuse, people will just claim another Carnival conspiracy cutback. :p

[quote name='Sargent_Schultz']What is that saying? Locks only keep honest people honest?

A company should not have to - it drives costs up.

Of course, when Carnival discontinues the program due to abuse, people will just claim another Carnival conspiracy cutback. :p[/QUOTE]

No, it's saying Carnival wants, or worst case, doesn't care if people share the codes. I've set up promotions both ways - when I want to target a specific demographic, group, etc, I use a restricted code. If I want it shared, it's open and shared VIA email blasts, web pages, Facebook, etc. In this day and age of internet, social media, etc, if Carnival doesn't want it shared, yes, they have to take the steps necessary to restrict it. There are entire web sites devoted to code sharing.

[quote name='Chigirlcruzin']No, it's saying Carnival wants, or worst case, doesn't care if people share the codes. I've set up promotions both ways - when I want to target a specific demographic, group, etc, I use a restricted code. If I want it shared, it's open and shared VIA email blasts, web pages, Facebook, etc. In this day and age of internet, social media, etc, if Carnival doesn't want it shared, yes, they have to take the steps necessary to restrict it. There are entire web sites devoted to code sharing.[/QUOTE]

I shouldn't have to lock my house, but I do. Why is that?

[quote name='LHP']...
I did send John a note to forward to the "keg masters" to see if there was something going on that they needed to be aware of. Perhaps it does not have a long shelf life???[/QUOTE]

I did not know until we were in there talking to them that it's produced by Anheuser-Busch. I learn something new every day!

[quote name='Sargent_Schultz']I don't know that Carnival owns any part of the beach. The port there is a joint venture between Carnival and Jerry Hynds (who probably does).[/QUOTE]

I thought they owned the entire Caribbean! ;)

Tom

[quote name='Chigirlcruzin']No, it's saying Carnival wants, or worst case, doesn't care if people share the codes. I've set up promotions both ways - when I want to target a specific demographic, group, etc, I use a restricted code. If I want it shared, it's open and shared VIA email blasts, web pages, Facebook, etc. In this day and age of internet, social media, etc, if Carnival doesn't want it shared, yes, they have to take the steps necessary to restrict it. There are entire web sites devoted to code sharing.[/QUOTE]

Going in now to make our changes!

Tom

[QUOTE][QUOTE][url=http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=34462134]Originally Posted by Chigirlcruzin[/url]<br />
No, it's saying Carnival wants, or worst case, doesn't care if people share the codes. I've set up promotions both ways - when I want to target a specific demographic, group, etc, I use a restricted code. If I want it shared, it's open and shared VIA email blasts, web pages, Facebook, etc. In this day and age of internet, social media, etc, if Carnival doesn't want it shared, yes, they have to take the steps necessary to restrict it. There are entire web sites devoted to code sharing.[/QUOTE]<br />
<br />
I shouldn't have to lock my house, but I do. Why is that?[/QUOTE]

Oh please, it's a marketing technique. I'm surprised you of all people aren't more confident in Carnival's marketing team's abilities.

[quote name='Tom-n-Cheryl']I did not know until we were in there talking to them that it's produced by Anheuser-Busch. I learn something new every day!

Tom[/QUOTE]

Kind of hard to tell these days since Inbev bought Anheuser Busch a few years back and is now in another whopper of a merger.

[url]http://www.ab-inbev.com/[/url]

Archived