Oasis June 23, 2012 Review, long, with pictures

If you take a look at the windows center, right in back of the AT, this is deck 5. It is a jogging track that goes around the entire ship.

It has chairs in the very back, nice quiet space. Also, in some of the ports, the ship backed in, and this is a great place to watch a docking.

Deck 5 aft should be checked out. I have pix of this that I will be posting.

_DSC0290.jpg?t=1341254983

Just a quick note. I took pix of the Boardwalk. But, I never got back, never did ice cream, JRs, Donuts ...... nothing.

DS and DW did JRs, said it was good, so, I can give no opinions of the shops, with the exception of the Aqua Theater ...... show was fantastic, diving, acrobats ...... definately a must see. Do Not miss it.

We got on the ship before noon. Here is the aft of the ship, Aqua Theater, take a look at the top right.

_DSC0149.jpg?t=1341335010

Thanks for the great review so far.... Do you know what is beyond the glass doors (below the rock climbing wall) on deck 6 shown in this picture?

I am LOVING your beautiful pictures! I still can't believe that I'll be on this awesome ship in less than three weeks!!!:D

Can you please tell me what beach you were at in Labadee??

Columbus Cove. It is the furthest beach from the ship, but they do have shuttles. About a 15 minute walk, no big deal.

We spent the first half of the day doing the zip line. When we got to the beach, about noon, it was packed.

$10 "tip" .... we got our chairs and a spot under the palm tree as shown in previous pix.

It was kind of a weird day, hurry up, get to zip line, finished that,have a beer, get to the beach, have a beer, find the wife, have a beer, go swimming, have a beer, ......

If you look at the following pic, picture a pretty big beach chair to chair to chair.

Don't get me wrong, Labadee is pretty big, lots of beaches, lots to do. I enjoyed it, but it just was not the "perfect tropical beach scene" for me.

Guess you have a ship with 6,000 passengers with only one place to go. As you will see with my Cozumel excursions, not a lot of people involved, pretty much, got away from the crowds.

_DSC0091.jpg?t=1341315726

Thanks for the great review so far.... Do you know what is beyond the glass doors (below the rock climbing wall) on deck 6 shown in this picture?

Not a clue. Did not go there. According to the deck plan, nothing is there:rolleyes:

Maybe someone else will know.

Not a clue. Did not go there. According to the deck plan, nothing is there:rolleyes:

Maybe someone else will know.

It's probably a crew area. The only way into and out of the boardwalk area is from the promenade.

Columbus Cove. It is the furthest beach from the ship, but they do have shuttles. About a 15 minute walk, no big deal.

We spent the first half of the day doing the zip line. When we got to the beach, about noon, it was packed.

$10 "tip" .... we got our chairs and a spot under the palm tree as shown in previous pix.

It was kind of a weird day, hurry up, get to zip line, finished that,have a beer, get to the beach, have a beer, find the wife, have a beer, go swimming, have a beer, ......

If you look at the following pic, picture a pretty big beach chair to chair to chair.

Don't get me wrong, Labadee is pretty big, lots of beaches, lots to do. I enjoyed it, but it just was not the "perfect tropical beach scene" for me.

Guess you have a ship with 6,000 passengers with only one place to go. As you will see with my Cozumel excursions, not a lot of people involved, pretty much, got away from the crowds.

_DSC0091.jpg?t=1341315726

Perfect....my plans were to go to Columbus Cove...wanted to make sure that was it. I love Labadee and yes it does get crowded but I do plan to have myself planted in a lounge chair by 8:30.;)

Thanks....I look forward to the rest of your pictures!

_DSC0191.jpg?t=1341255443

Cafe Promenade is open about 24/7. Good place to get coffee any time.

Also, if you get hungry late at night, they had pretty good cold roast beef, turkey sandwiches. I was surprised the one night we missed dinner and tried their sandwiches.

But, then again, I could eat just about anything. When it comes to food, put it in front of me, and I can eat it.

Archived