Oasis June 23, 2012 Review, long, with pictures

• 1 month later...
Just wondering on that forward deck 14 -- does any of the staff come out there for drink orders? If not, where is the closest bar?

No waiters out there that I have ever seen.

Closest bar would be in the Solarium on Deck 15.

Great thread, review, and pics! We will be sailing on the Oasis in February. This will be our first cruise ever. I am trying to do a bit of research but find it's quite overwhelming! (not necessarily a bad thing..) I have our shows booked, am trying to look into excursions and have booked one speciality restaurant. Just wondering what seasoned cruisers would recommend I do to prepare? Am I able to print out deck plans? I want to be somewhat prepared so I'm not walking around aimlessly haha! I didn't realize there was so much to all this (please forgive me!), but I'm happy I found Cruise Critic. I would appreciate any tips you think are essential.. thank you :)!

Just wondering what seasoned cruisers would recommend I do to prepare?

Most RCI ships are very well laid out. I suggest you familiarize yourself with the deck plans, and try to figure out what is of most interest to you.

For us, we were hardly ever aft (boardwalk, flow riders, basketball, etc). We spent most of our time in the Solarium and pools toward the bow.

Don't expect to do everything, as it really cannot be done in 7 days.

The reviews on CC will give you lots of good info.

You are sailing on an incredible ship. Have fun.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
As I told everyone on our Roll Call, I would be the guy in the Philadelphia Phillies shirt, Nikon Camera in one hand, Coors Light in the other.

Steve, Captain of the Roll Call found me in the waiting area. Here is he is with daughter and her friend. Steve would be hosing the sail away later in his Aqua Suite.

_DSC0034.jpg?t=1341231454

Roll Tide, we were in the pub at the promenade last year on the Freedom and the musician was playing sweet home Alabama and a bunch of people (including us) yelled Roll Tide Roll on Q. It was so cool...

• 2 months later...

Fabulous review!!!!! I loved all of your pictures .... Well for the exception of the "roll tide" one - staying true to my Georgia roots I have to say; GO DAWGS!!!! 😊

I'm hoping to sail the Oasis in October once my husband is home from his current deployment - this pictorial review certainly will help hold me over until then!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived