Oasis June 23, 2012 Review, long, with pictures

So what happened with the Rube Goldberg-designed raft?

Captain announced that we would render assistance.

Sent out a boat, Captain said they do not require assistance, they were on their way to Mexico, requested food and water, which Oasis provided.

Captain announced that he had been in touch with US Coast Guard, permission was given that we could procede, and Cosat Guard cutter was on the way to pick up the Cubans.

I need to watch the Pirates!

Question, how was the food at dinner? I read a lot of reviews saying it was inedible? The Cupcake cupboard? is that worth a try?

Oh, Yeah,

Check out the TVs. This was a regular stop at 6 and 7 in the AM after getting my coffee in the Cafe Promenade. Both TVs were tuned into ESPN live, sound up loud so you could catch up on sports every day.

Phillies sucked during the cruise, still do now:

_DSC0233.jpg?t=1341255391

I need to watch the Pirates!

Question, how was the food at dinner? I read a lot of reviews saying it was inedible? The Cupcake cupboard? is that worth a try?

Geez!

The dinners in the MDR were very good.

Order a couple of apps, then two main courses, then if you have room for dessert, order a couple of those.

Loved dinner in the MDR.

I can not wait to eat here! Heard wonderful things!

Ate breakfast there once.

Hey, it was breakfast. Eggs, and lots of other stuff.

But, most times, I was at the WJ when it opened, and I found that absolutely fantastic.

Everything imagineable, with the exception of scrapple. Loved the WJ and BF at 7 AM.

WE are on this cruise away from the kids, and I dont want to have to deal with kids in an area marked for adults.

Yeah, but as someone without kids who specifically goes to the Solarium to avoid your kids... please make sure they behave or move to the family area, please.

I have been in the Solarium and a group of kids would come running in, squealing (like normal kids, not monsters) and yell "Mom! We're checking in" and then storm out again. Another 20-30 minutes later, they'd charge back in and repeat.

If they need to check in that often... you need to be WITH THEM. They are your responsibility.

WE are on this cruise away from the kids, and I dont want to have to deal with kids in an area marked for adults.

And you will not.

The last place kids want to be is in the Solarium.:rolleyes:

Did you do any formal pictures? Would love to see them.

We are planners.. we highlight the next day plans before we go to bed. What I found to be fun, was on sea days, eating breakfast and lunch in the dining room, to mingle with more people... but on sea days we will be in the Solarium. I have a map of the boat already... nice big folders too... we will be hitting Central park for that roast beef sammich... and dr. booze for our daily drinks.

Thank you! i have a tumblr i will set up for our cruise, we leave this Saturday!

And you will not.

The last place kids want to be is in the Solarium.:rolleyes:

dinner menus

Did you do any formal pictures? Would love to see them.

We are planners.. we highlight the next day plans before we go to bed. What I found to be fun, was on sea days, eating breakfast and lunch in the dining room, to mingle with more people... but on sea days we will be in the Solarium. I have a map of the boat already... nice big folders too... we will be hitting Central park for that roast beef sammich... and dr. booze for our daily drinks.

Thank you! i have a tumblr i will set up for our cruise, we leave this Saturday!

_DSC0220.jpg?t=1341315362

I think of this spot everytime someone says there is no place to see the sea, or that you can't see the ocean on the jogging track. It was great. And there are several spots like this all aorund the more than quarter mile jogging track, as well as some places where the life boats hang, but still afford an obstructed view. I much preferred this track to the one where everyone is staggering around in front of me with their piña coladas on the upper pool decks:rolleyes:

And that Solarium was terrific...we spent a ton of time there;)

I would love to see those Aquatheater suite photos! It's one of the few Royal Suites I would consider...being a frugal NE yankee I still have a tough time justifying the dough for one of those with the relative lack of value of the amenities offered by Royal ( we simply couldn't drink the 20 k price difference in The CL over the course of a week) but that location is pretty neat, and we do splurge occasionally for a location that's above and beyond!

BTW- we had Maribelle one night at MTD- she was excellent! But the subsequent nights were able to get our regular waiter, so we returned to his section.

I will be ordering room service too, just to get some coffee!!

The perfect solution to the kid issue.

You are giving so much information and I am getting so excited and can't wait till we all board in Jan....However,,our friends that we cruise with like the WJ the best for breakfast and lunch,,,I do prefer the MD room,,now on the Oasis there are many other choices,,so I think we will be trying them:cool:..

Have to tell you again,,love your review and all the great photos....Thanks again....:D:D

Archived