Oasis June 23, 2012 Review, long, with pictures

Not sure if I missed it, but how did you get back on the ship? Did you have your wife or son go to the room and get your passport? P.S. great review! I'm really looking forward to going back on the Allure next year.

Not sure if I missed it, but how did you get back on the ship? Did you have your wife or son go to the room and get your passport? P.S. great review! I'm really looking forward to going back on the Allure next year.

Had to walk about a half mile south to a beach and swam for it:eek:.

Man, it is hard to scale the Oasis from the water.

Just kidding, DW and DS went back to the ship and got a new seapass and my passport.

One comment about the availability of chairs by the pools: True, there were always lots available BUT there were very few loungers in the shade. I think, especially on the summer months, it would be nice to have more umbrellas. I know there are plenty of loungers under the upper deck, but not loungers and there is a lot of foot traffic.

I didn't forget about the pix on the Aqua Suite....just got real busy the last week....will post them shortly:)

Steve,

Just wanted to thank you for hosting a party on your balcony for all of us cruise critics!!! We enjoyed meeting your family and meeting our fellow cruisers!!

Liz

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't forget about the pix on the Aqua Suite....just got real busy the last week....will post them shortly:)

Just finished this thread.

Wow! Great info and pictures were outstanding!

But, I still want to see the pictures of the inside of your Aqua Suite.;)

• 3 weeks later...

AMAZING, amazing pictures!!! Well done indeed. :D

My family lived in PA for a while when I was growing up so needless to say we are were all Phillies Phanatics back in the day. I have a Flyers hockey puck in storage back in NC with a lot of my other stuff. We also grew up in MS, AL, and GA (we moved around a lot, dad was in 'trucking' :cool:) and my brother is a HUGE 'Bama fan. Roll Tide! :D

AMAZING, amazing pictures!!! Well done indeed. :D

My family lived in PA for a while when I was growing up so needless to say we are were all Phillies Phanatics back in the day. I have a Flyers hockey puck in storage back in NC with a lot of my other stuff. We also grew up in MS, AL, and GA (we moved around a lot, dad was in 'trucking' :cool:) and my brother is a HUGE 'Bama fan. Roll Tide! :D

Thanx for the compliment.

What happened in Philly ....... mob put a contract out on you?;)

If you are interested in seeing pix of Aquatheater Suite 10330....I put together a short slideshow and posted it here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1690257

Thanx!

That was one fantastic sailaway. Best balcony I have ever seen on a ship.

Hope to hook up with you and your folks again.

That was a great cruise.

Thanx for the compliment.

What happened in Philly ....... mob put a contract out on you?;)

We lived in York, Reading, and Milton growing up as kids and took road trips to Philly to see games, concerts, and visit the museums. I was also stationed at the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard while my ship was undergoing a year-long overhaul. Still love Philly like a second home and cheese steak sandwiches still make my mouth water. And I still root for the Phillies whenever I see them play on TV. Love Philadelphia, current home of the greatest American liner ever built, the SS United States. :D

Love Philadelphia, current home of the greatest American liner ever built, the SS United States. :D

That is something else. Just sitting there under the Walt Whitman bridge.

I was involved in a project that was trying to move it out of there and relocate it and fix it up as a hotel and office and entertainment structure.

It has been pretty much gutted, interior was just full of asbestos.

But, I changed jobs and that was about 2 years ago, have not heard anything.

We lived in York, Reading, and Milton growing up as kids and took road trips to Philly to see games, concerts, and visit the museums. I was also stationed at the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard while my ship was undergoing a year-long overhaul. Still love Philly like a second home and cheese steak sandwiches still make my mouth water. And I still root for the Phillies whenever I see them play on TV. Love Philadelphia, current home of the greatest American liner ever built, the SS United States. :D

And I can't understand why the ship is being allowed to rot away.

I just saw some of your links after I originally posted this. Interesting.

And I can't understand why the ship is being allowed to rot away.

I just saw some of your links after I originally posted this. Interesting.

I just started another thread with this as the subject.

Thought it was interesting enough to share amongst fellow cruise enthusiasts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived