Oasis June 23, 2012 Review, long, with pictures

Inquiring minds want to know...

Which snorkeling excursion?

Please and thank you!

In St. Thomas on the Explorer we booked the Fury (non RCI excursion).

Met us right at the dock, good time, real sailboat, went snorkeling, saw lots of turtles and other sea creatures.

In my sig is a link to the Explorer review, some pix are there.

Again, your pictures give so much perspective and I so appreciate. Question- It appears from your pictures of Wipeout Cafe that the burgers are served buffet style as in the WJ. Is this correct? So sorry if that is the case. I've never tried one in the buffet because they look so bad sitting in that liquid. I was hoping for a decent burger at Wipeout Cafe.

Again, your pictures give so much perspective and I so appreciate. Question- It appears from your pictures of Wipeout Cafe that the burgers are served buffet style as in the WJ. Is this correct? So sorry if that is the case. I've never tried one in the buffet because they look so bad sitting in that liquid. I was hoping for a decent burger at Wipeout Cafe.

I really cannot answer the question, as I just popped in and took some pix.

Maybe someone else could answer that.

There is always JRs for $5.

I just stuck to the RB sandwiches, and they stuck to me.:rolleyes:

I think the WO Cafe has tacos, cheese, chips, nachos.

I really cannot answer the question, as I just popped in and took some pix.

Maybe someone else could answer that.

There is always JRs for $5.

I just stuck to the RB sandwiches, and they stuck to me.:rolleyes:

I think the WO Cafe has tacos, cheese, chips, nachos.

Assuming Oasis and Allure are the same, yes the burgers in the wipe out cafe are served like they are in the WJ. The one thing they did have in the Wipe Out Cafe that I have not seen before is hot dog pretzels (a hot dog "wrapped" in a pretzel for the roll). Easy to grab and go!

In St. Thomas on the Explorer we booked the Fury (non RCI excursion).

Met us right at the dock, good time, real sailboat, went snorkeling, saw lots of turtles and other sea creatures.

In my sig is a link to the Explorer review, some pix are there.

I just went to your Explorer review and realized I have already read it. :D Excellent review. Thank you for letting me revisit! You do an outstanding job!

My hat is off to you Johneeo. This is a great review. Thank you.

Thanx for everyone's kind words.

Hopefully, this info will assist in planning for a sensational cruise.

This weekend I should finish up, but, as said before, if anyone has any pix, questions, or insights, please share.

Again, your pictures give so much perspective and I so appreciate. Question- It appears from your pictures of Wipeout Cafe that the burgers are served buffet style as in the WJ. Is this correct? So sorry if that is the case. I've never tried one in the buffet because they look so bad sitting in that liquid. I was hoping for a decent burger at Wipeout Café.

Food in the Wipeout Café is served in the same manner as in the Windjammer. However, if you are there during a busy time the food turns over very quickly. We ate lunch there several times while on Oasis. It was much easier than dealing with the lunchtime Windjammer. I thought the food was fine. However, I am far from fussy when it comes to food. And the outside seating was nice.

How long is that jogging track? Does it go all the way around the ship?

I don't remember the length. It does make a complete circuit on deck 5. However, it does not go out to the bow area. There is no regular public access to the bow on Oasis and Allure.

_DSC0216.jpg?t=1341254482

_DSC0329b.jpg?t=1341254358

Thank thank thank thank thank you for posting this picture! Finally someone posted a picture of the jazz lounge. It does exist. This is a deal breaker for me...do you know if you can smoke cigars in this lounge?

Thanks again for posting!!!

Great review and pictures! Can't wait till I'm on board. How did you like the Js? I'm considering upgrading from my OV balcony. BTW... Had to goggle "Roll Tide"!! ;)

JR Suite was nice, but deck 8 was the place to be. Loved that location by Central Park.

Last sea day, heading back to Florida, I was getting ready for dinner, looked out our balcony, and noticed the ship was stopped. Then I saw this:

_DSC0387.jpg?t=1341316222

_DSC0388.jpg?t=1341316222

Archived