no emerald sailing on dec 7, 2012?

yuki5900

i am looking at itineraries for emerald princess for 2012 and i see her departing on november 27 for 10 nights and then it skips to december 17 for 10 nights...what happened to december 7? this date would be perfect for me!

i am looking at itineraries for emerald princess for 2012 and i see her departing on november 27 for 10 nights and then it skips to december 17 for 10 nights...what happened to december 7? this date would be perfect for me!
Perfect if you don't mind a view of a shipyard for seven days. :) Routine scheduled maintenance. All ships go into dry or wet dock ever two or three years for electronics and mechanical updates, painting, cleaning, etc.

It would have been perfect for us too. The Emerald Princess is scheduled out of service for 10 days. Wet dock? Dry dock? I'm really not certain. We were told by Captain Pomata that it was going to Freeport for some work. It makes sense for Princess to take the ship out of service for those 10 days, which usually offer the least expensive cruise fares of the year to be filled.

We are jumping ship to HAL Noordam for the same 10 days. It's doing a southern Caribbean itinerary with one of our favorites (Half Moon Cay), Grand Turk, Samana, Aruba, a full day in Bonaire, which makes me happy and (this one has DH very happy) a late stay in Curacao with an 11pm departure. It's a nice alternative to the Emerald if those 10 days work best for you.

Archived