GETAWAY itineraries/schedule

Iceberg 3

From the NCL site: "She will be setting sail in the spring of 2014 from Miami. Norwegian Getaway will be the largest ship ever to home port year-round in Miami."

I'm going to take a guess and say Caribbean ports. I hope alternating Eastern and Western with a few longer Southern Caribbean port itineraries mixed in. Others might be bored with the Caribbean but I have missed cruising from Miami in the summers. I'm tired of leaving from NYC and really tired of bahamas/florida runs!

When might we expect announcement of the GETAWAY's itineraries and cruise dates? I'm thinking it may not be too far in the future.

With the first cruises in April 2014 I would expect cabins to go on sale this Fall. The announcements of itineraries from Miami anytime before that.

I agree with cruisin07family. I hope she does sail alternating Eastern and Western itin's. The Epic started that for the maiden Caribbean season of 2010-2011 but doesn't do it anymore. Any ideas why? I used to know why, but it escapes me at the moment. It was probably due to low demand. On my April 2011 cruise there were 3,800-3,900 pax which is surprising for a ship that size during a peak time of spring break. (April 2,2011 by the way)

One thing I just though of is if NCL might move one of their other ships like the Pearl or Jewel to another winter port. Something to ponder.

I hope they do slightly longer then 7 night cruises, i would like to see an 8 or 9 night eastern/western caribbean cruise.

Great idea! Carnival does this. They alternate 8 day and 6 day cruises for some ships. An extra day or two really CAN make a difference!!!:rolleyes:

Great idea! Carnival does this. They alternate 8 day and 6 day cruises for some ships. An extra day or two really CAN make a difference!!!:rolleyes:

especially if you flying half way across the world for a trip of a lifetime :D

I hope they move some of the other ships to new ports. Theres enough ships in the Caribbean already. I get the whole business perspective, and I dont fault them for it, but as a customer, I love NCL and really want them to go to some new places... maybe South America or Asia!

I hope they move some of the other ships to new ports. Theres enough ships in the Caribbean already. I get the whole business perspective, and I dont fault them for it, but as a customer, I love NCL and really want them to go to some new places... maybe South America or Asia!

Happen to agree on SA and Asia, I alos enjoy NCL but they are limited on where they go, Caribbean is overloaded and been there too many times.

cruisinbob

From the NCL site: "She will be setting sail in the spring of 2014 from Miami. Norwegian Getaway will be the largest ship ever to home port year-round in Miami."

I'm going to take a guess and say Caribbean ports. I hope alternating Eastern and Western with a few longer Southern Caribbean port itineraries mixed in. Others might be bored with the Caribbean but I have missed cruising from Miami in the summers. I'm tired of leaving from NYC and really tired of bahamas/florida runs!

I am hoping for this too! I really wish they do alternating Eastern & Western cruises during the summer months. It is hard for me to get the holiday weeks off due to my job and the cost is much more. Pulling my kids out of school for a week while they are in HS honor / AP classes isn't fair to them.

I agree with cruisin07family. I hope she does sail alternating Eastern and Western itin's. The Epic started that for the maiden Caribbean season of 2010-2011 but doesn't do it anymore. Any ideas why? I used to know why, but it escapes me at the moment.

I don't know if this is the reason, but on the Eastern Caribbean itineraries, when the ship returns to Miami, US guests do not have to pass through immigration on the Epic, you are "pre-cleared". For a 5000 capacity ship, the debark goes pretty fast.

On the Western itinerary, when I was on Pearl, because of the ports visited, we had to do US immigration when we returned to Miami. The Pearl is significantly smaller, with almost half the number of guests and they were still debarking the guests at almost 11am!

Maybe this has an effect on their decision.... we all know how US Immigration in Miami can be!

I agree with cruisin07family. I hope she does sail alternating Eastern and Western itin's. The Epic started that for the maiden Caribbean season of 2010-2011 but doesn't do it anymore. Any ideas why?

Follow the money. The cruise ships go where the money is being spent on cruises, and where they can cruise the most passengers for the lowest cost (port fees, fuel cost, etc).

Almost all the cruise lines have abandoned the Caribbean in the summer months.

I happen to think that's a mistake too - even though it's hot, we love cruising the Caribbean in the summer, primarily because it's the closest cruise destination to where we live, and that's the time of year we can get away most easily.

Archived