VIFP Gold or Red?

Thanks - they just updated me 4 points today from a cruise I took in 1984 - I had to prove to them that I had been on the ship then. My documents still say red that is why I was questioning it - perhaps they need to update overnight?

Maybe so, I would check again in a few days. Did you re-download your docs?

I signed into Carnival and just pulled them up - how do I do what you said to do? I went through a TA if that makes a difference.

I don't think it matters for that part.:)

On the website click to show your cruise booking. Then select "VIEW DOCUMENTS" and see what status shows below your name.

Things do update overnight.

Exactly!:D

just got back, i was the only one out of 12 in our group that was eligible for gold status. We ALL recieved gold cards and recieved invite to past guest party, even my 12 year old on her second cruise?

just got back, i was the only one out of 12 in our group that was eligible for gold status. We ALL recieved gold cards and recieved invite to past guest party, even my 12 year old on her second cruise?

I think the new program took effect on June 25. Since your cruise started before that date you were still on the old program. Therefore anyone on their 2nd or more cruise would have been Gold on that cruise but might be back to Red on their next under the new program.

Sharon

You usually don't get credit until after you have sailed the days.

As far as I know you don't get credit until after you sail the days. But if you move from one level to another level during the cruise you are considered to be at the new level for the whole cruise.

My husband is listed as Red in the VIFP program. He has 22 days. We have a 8 day booked on the Breeze for April. On our cruise documents that I can see online he is listed as Gold since he will transition to that level during the cruise. But he still doesn't have credit for those days that is why he is still listed as Red in the program. But once he gets onboard the Breeze he will be GOLD!

Sharon

Thanks - they just updated me 4 points today from a cruise I took in 1984 - I had to prove to them that I had been on the ship then. My documents still say red that is why I was questioning it - perhaps they need to update overnight?

How far back does the points system go?

My sister went on her honeymoon on Carnival in 1986, before they started giving out Past Guest numbers, so she should be Red. She can't find any papers from the cruise for proof though. Any advice?

Any pictures? I have heard that has been working too. Carnival pics or personal pics. Pic in front of the ship, in defining area on ship (MDR). Hope this helps

On the website click to show your cruise booking. Then select "VIEW DOCUMENTS" and see what status shows below your name.

Things do update overnight.

Thanks for the tip--haven't done much with the online docs for our Jun 22, 20123 Breeze cruise yet--but the 8-day cruise will bring us to 30 points. Just checked and sure enough, we are Gold! :)

I have 19 days sailed so far and am listed as Red. Our next cruise sails this Sunday. Will I be transitioned to gold when I get on board? :confused:

If you are on a 6 day or longer cruise the answer should be yes. Have you check your cruise documents online? If you click on print general information there is a section listing the passengers and their level. That is where it shows my husband will be Gold on that cruise even though his VIFP is red when he logs in.

Sharon

My sister went on her honeymoon on Carnival in 1986, before they started giving out Past Guest numbers, so she should be Red. She can't find any papers from the cruise for proof though. Any advice?

Hello - all I had were photographs I had taken of my husband and I on the ship. I had one of me and him standing in front of the Carnivale buoy on the ship - a picture of the ship - a picture of us at dinner with a group of others in party hats, a picture of our waiters and the matre'd. I also sent in copies of our passports as they needed photo ID's. I hope this is helpful.

That is where I found it also. DH has 18, I have 22 but we will both turn Gold during our next cruise. Yay!!

Tina

If you are on a 6 day or longer cruise the answer should be yes. Have you check your cruise documents online? If you click on print general information there is a section listing the passengers and their level. That is where it shows my husband will be Gold on that cruise even though his VIFP is red when he logs in.

Sharon

Sharon

Thanks Sharon, that was the answer!!! Whoohoooooooo....:D

Archived