Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Glory 5 day cruise to Canada

MikeyA53

I love Alexander Keith's!! Both the brewery and the beer! We visited Halifax on a 'land vacation' and went here! So worth the time and the beer IS AWESOME! if we ever find ourselves in Halifax (cruise or not) it is a must-do! So much fun!!!

Great review!:)

Entrance to the Stag’s Head Tavern.

Cruising1964.jpg

Cruising1965.jpg

Cruising1966.jpg

They had 5 different ales on tap. Samples were served in small glasses and you were able to try all of them if you wanted. Some people opted to get a large glass of their favorite ale; one guy had time for two full glasses. The actors then sang and played instruments while we enjoyed our drinks. Tracy and I were pleasantly surprised; they were all good singers, especially one girl who sang a haunting ballad.

The drinking age is 19 and they asked the kids for their papers (ID). Mitch and Arielle were disappointed that they had to settle for soda.

Cruising1967.jpg

Alexander Keith’s secret tunnel

Cruising1968.jpg

Thank you so much for the review and photos. Sailing on the Glory in 25 days. This will be our first time with Carnival and our first cruise with our boys (11 and 14). All of your information is really helping us to prepare for our sailing.

Thanks mabkcruisers, hope you have a great time. Mike

Thanks for posting these pictures. I've never been to Canada before, but now I think I'd like to make my first trip there on a cruise ship.

Well neighbour, I think it's about time you came for a visit. ;)

Mike,

I love your reviews. The pictures really make them fun.

To oncruisecontrol- you should definitely visit Canada and take a cruise there. We did a cruise up the East Coast of the US to Canada last year and really enjoyed it. We are a bit biased, as we love to travel to Canada any chance we get. It is a fun place to go with incredibily friendly people.

Ohiodoglover

Thanks OhioDogLover, glad your enjoying it. Mike

Reading your review is bringing back so many memories! We loved Canada and the people we met there. So warm and inviting, and so very proud of their country! Would love to go back and explore some more. We also loved the Carnival Glory. People say it's hard to navigate but once you have the layout figured out it's a piece of cake! Thanks again!!

Lea

Very close to the ship was the ‘Halifax Seaport Farmer’s Market’. We checked it out and bought a few things.

Cruising1980.jpg

Cruising1981.jpg

Cruising1982.jpg

Cruising1984.jpg

Once onboard Tracy and I went to the Lido Deck to relax and get some sun. After a while I got bored and went to take photos of the ship and the surrounding area.

Cruising1988.jpg

Cruising1989.jpg

Whale Tail’s casting a shadow in the water

Cruising1990.jpg

Cruising1991.jpg

Cruising1992.jpg

Cruising1993.jpg

We went to the Golden Restaurant at 5:30 pm and waited for about 5 minutes to be seated. As usual we had a wonderful meal.

Cruising2006.jpg

Cruising2007.jpg

Tracy was wearing a short sexy black dress, it’s my new favorite. I convince Mitchel to take a few photos of her and us on the outside promenade of the Atlantic Deck.

Cruising2010.jpg

Cruising2008.jpg

Cruising2015.jpg

Cruising2009.jpg

We went to the Golden Restaurant at 5:30 pm and waited for about 5 minutes to be seated. As usual we had a wonderful meal.

Cruising2006.jpg

Cruising2007.jpg

Tracy was wearing a short sexy black dress, it’s my new favorite. I convince Mitchel to take a few photos of her and us on the outside promenade of the Atlantic Deck.

Cruising2010.jpg

Cruising2008.jpg

Cruising2015.jpg

Cruising2009.jpg

What a GREAT looking couple you guys are! Your wife is beautiful! I see why that dress is your new favorite, very pretty dress!

I'm rarely on this board because I don't have a cruise lined up (so sad when that happens) but I'm glad to see another review by you!! It's great that your family is doing well. I'm shocked to see how much your kids have grown! The Glory was my first cruise but I've never had the chance to visit the east coast although i always hear great things about it....looking forward to the rest of your review!

Thank you soulsistah007, yes they have grown. They want to be treated like adults even tho sometimes they act like toodlers. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the review and all the photos. Looking forward to seeing the rest. I hope you post more photos. We're going on the Glory in 2 weeks with my wife and two boys. What do you recommend in St John & Halifax?

Thank you JPV072900, hope you have a wonderful cruise. It's very hard for me to recommend any type of excursion which I haven't personally experience myself. I know you would be impressed with the Hopewell Rocks. I have visited the Rocks several times when I used to live in Moncton but it was only a 1/2 hour drive away, from Saint John it's a 2 hour drive. :(

If you repond with what you think you would like I'll be glad to comment on it. Mike

thumbnail.aspx?q=4806266619036609&id=8368c603a33d5fa011f915f0abb1319c

Thanks again for the great pictures and review. Just a couple of questions.... I noticed the Carnival mugs/tumblers in one of your photos. Do you know if these were included in the soda package purchase? We've been trying to figure this out without much luck. Also, were the Creams desserts an additional charge or were they included with a coffee purchase? Thanks for your help. Trying to plan for our August 6th trip on the Glory!

Thank you mabkcruisers. I'm fairly certain that the mugs/tumblers are not included. The desserts are an additional charge. The total cost for both our Cheesecake and Carrot Cake was $5.18.

Archived