Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Glory 5 day cruise to Canada

MikeyA53

Great Review:D we dont care we go as long as we our on a ship:eek: we live in Fl so we have done most of our trips from here and our friends say dont you get bored going to the same places we always so never. best cruise we ever did was when we couldnt get off the ship because of a strom :p

Thanks again for all the work you put into your review:)

Thanks ourfamilylovescruising. We feel the same, ports are nice but the ship is the main feature. :)

Once onboard Tracy and I went to the Lido Deck to relax and get some sun. After a while I got bored and went to take photos of the ship and the surrounding area.

Cruising1988.jpg

Cruising1989.jpg

Whale Tail’s casting a shadow in the water

Cruising1990.jpg

Cruising1991.jpg

Cruising1992.jpg

Cruising1993.jpg

Mike, Great review as always!! I love all the pics as well...I see in the last pic where the female is reading 50 Shades Of Grey, Great book..haha!! Thanks for sharing your voyages, I've read them all, as many others have.

We have about 45 days till we cruise, we cannot wait!!!!

Cruising1993.jpg

Hey! I found me! I'm the guy peering menacingly around from behind the serenity deck fence. :cool: I've been following this review closely since we were on the same cruise (seven of us in total in our group) but I'm the first one that's made it into one of the pics, lol.

We were actually seated in the first round table to your left in the comedy show pics too. Was it your wife who said something "naughty" during the audience participation portion? That was too funny!

We started the evening by going to the Amber Palace for ‘Turbo Trivia’. Tracy and I had 7/15; the winners of the ‘Ship on a stick’ had 10/15.

Then the Amber Palace was divided into females on one side and males on the other for the ‘Gender Game’. A captain was picked for each group; the staff would ask the women, a male oriented question on sports, cars etc. If the women answered it correctly they would get a point, if not the men had a chance to answer it and steal the point. Then the men would be given a question about makeup, women clothing, etc.

The captains of each team would go around their half of the Palace asking their gender teammates if they knew the answer and then the captain would give one final answer to the staff. After several rounds the men were well ahead of the women.

Cruising2018.jpg

Then it was the small group challenge on stage. I participate in the word game. There were 5 or six rounds where the staff would ask a general trivia question and you had to spell it out with the letters each participates were given. We had a letter on both sides of our card.

Cruising2019.jpg

Question: What is the longest river in the world

Cruising2020.jpg

The men were victorious. :D

Then it was ’60 seconds or less’. If you wanted to participate you placed your name in a bowl. Three men and three women were picked to play the game. The first challenge involved using a raw spaghetti noodle to pick up some sort of penne noddle.

Staff demonstrating how to do it

Cruising2021.jpg

Contestants

Cruising2022.jpg

Cruising2023.jpg

Cruising2024.jpg

Cruising2025.jpg

The next challenge involved placing pencils on the back of your hand; you would toss it up and grab them with your open hand. I think they started with 4 or 5 pencils, if they succeeded they would add one pencil each toss until they reached a dozen. Another player was eliminated in this round.

Cruising2026.jpg

you can see the pencils go flying across the stage

Cruising2027.jpg

The third challenge involved blowing up a balloon and using the expelled air to blow cups off the front of the table. Two more players were eliminated in this round

Cruising2028.jpg

The final round involved stacking plastic cups and plates.

Cruising2029.jpg

The overall winner

Cruising2030.jpg

We spent some time in the atrium and the rest of the evening was spent roaming up and down the ‘Kaleidoscope Boulevard’.

Cruising2031.jpg

We had a cocktail at the Burgundy Wine Bar

Cruising2032.jpg

We also treated ourselves at ‘Creams’. Tracy had the ‘Fat Chocolate Cake’ and I had the ‘White Chocolate Fruit Cup’. We also purchased a Future Cruise Credit for our upcoming Miracle cruise.

Goodnight

Cruising2033.jpg

Tomorrow is a sea day.

Friday, June 22nd, 2012- Sea Day

We started the morning by going the gym again, it was busier today, approximately ½ full, probably because it was a sea day.

Then we went to the Lido Deck for breakfast, we got made to order omelets. Very tasty, after all you pick what you want inside of it.

Cruising2036.jpg

During breakfast we saw some whales in the distance, you could see a lot of water sprays and sometimes the whales would surface. It’s a common occurrence in the area we were in and as such the ship was travelling at a reduced speed.

By late morning it was not that warm, approximately 65 degrees and windy but if you found a spot that sheltered you from the wind, it felt warm. It did get warmer as the day progressed. We spent a couple of hours on the Spa Deck and both got burned.

Cruising2037.jpg

Cruising2038.jpg

Cruising2039.jpg

Cruising2041.jpg

Mike and Tracy,

We are enjoying the chance to follow your thread! We will be taking this same Canadian route (albeit out of NYC) on the Carnival Glory next July. Heretofore, we have only cruised in the Caribbean.

Seems like a route like this has had some beautiful days, but could be prone to cooler weather too. If you could take a minute and tell us, what might be some advice for different types of clothing we should plan to pack? In particular-- were there any

* "I wish we'd thought to pack..........."

* "We never even used this........"

We'll take any and all tips!

Thanks you so much for all the pictures and comments about your cruise. We do the Glory out of New York (same itinary) August 6th, so it was so much fun to get a little bit of an idea about what the cruise will be like. This is the first time we've been on a cruise in six year.

Thank you Kathy. Have a great cruise. Mike

I love Alexander Keith's!! Both the brewery and the beer! We visited Halifax on a 'land vacation' and went here! So worth the time and the beer IS AWESOME! if we ever find ourselves in Halifax (cruise or not) it is a must-do! So much fun!!!

Great review!:)

Thank you. :)

Reading your review is bringing back so many memories! We loved Canada and the people we met there. So warm and inviting, and so very proud of their country! Would love to go back and explore some more. We also loved the Carnival Glory. People say it's hard to navigate but once you have the layout figured out it's a piece of cake! Thanks again!!

Lea

Thanks Lea, your right about navigating Conquest Class ships like the Glory. Once you realize where the galley is situated it becomes easier to navigate the ship. :confused: = :) = :D

OMG Mike. I love Your Reviews and Your Family... Thanks SO much for Always taking time out to give us Info/Pix on your Cruises.. Its alot of work, and I know Im greatful for ALL that you do...

I will be on her in Oct :) But in VA :p

I certainly agree with Shatima. Your review is great and your family is great too. I will be on the 7 day Glory New England/Canada on Sept 22nd. Your pics and review have sure been informative and a big help. Especially the Canada information. Enjoy your future cruises and thanks for all the hard work to prepare the review. It is appreciated.

(re Ibanez) Yea, I read that review too and I remember there was SOMEONE that a poster was comparing you to...but he wasn't with the Yankees yet, so it didn't connect. :confused: Loving your pictures, esp. the one of you and Tracy and her little black dress. Just gorgeous and you look like you are on a Caribbean cruise, not a cruise to Canada! :rolleyes: You are going to LOVE the Miracle!

At lunchtime we enjoyed some Fish & Chips; actually we ordered almost everything on the menu and shared it. After lunch I went around taking photos of the different eating spots.

The Grand Buffet (The Taste of Nations)

Cruising2046.jpg

Cruising2047.jpg

Cruising2048.jpg

Cruising2049.jpg

Cruising2050.jpg

Archived