Seattle Pier 91 - will there be plenty of taxis/towncars for hire?

calsnoozie

Hello Everyone,

I am not familiar with Pier 91 in Seattle. We will be disembarking the Star Princess on July 15th.

Will there be plenty of taxis and/or town cars for hire for a ride to Sea-Tac airport? Will the lines be long to hire a car?

I am trying to decide if I should make a town car reservation. It gets tricky when we don't know our exact disembark time. I would like to get to the airport by 9 - 9:15 a.m.

Thanks!

Sue from Suisun City, California

Taxi Golden Rule #1. Go to the money. If there is a ship (or ships) in port, money is to be made. There will be cabs there if there is money to be made. Can't answer for town cars.

How fast the line moves depends on where you are in the line, but doubt you will wait more than a couple of minutes. Money is there to be made!

town car laws changed this past yr for Seattle. You must pre arrange as towncars are not allowed to solicit fares. I was also at 91 and there are plenty of cabs. The cruises charge $25 pp which is a major rip off. Shuttle express have buses there at $21 pp. A cab should be $50 or so. Most cabs take hwy 99 but I saw large #'s of them going up Mercer st to I-5 which imho would take more time and $$. There is also a new groups of cabs that charge a flat rate but must be prearranged or you can call as soon as your getting off the ship. The biggest is

flatrateforhire.com

they advertise $25 from downtown to seatac, so a little more from pier 91. You can check pricing online or just call them.

Hello Everyone,

I am not familiar with Pier 91 in Seattle. We will be disembarking the Star Princess on July 15th.

Will there be plenty of taxis and/or town cars for hire for a ride to Sea-Tac airport? Will the lines be long to hire a car?

I am trying to decide if I should make a town car reservation. It gets tricky when we don't know our exact disembark time. I would like to get to the airport by 9 - 9:15 a.m.

Thanks!

Sue from Suisun City, California

If you hire a town car, and give them a time to meet you, they will wait for you. If you get off before they're there, you wait for them. They'll have your cell phone number and will call when they arrive. You'll have their main number, and can call if for some reason you need them earlier, or will be heavily delayed.

We generally use town car service for our cruise port transportation, and I usually give a disembarkation time of 9:00 or 9:30 am, as we do not like to rush off the ship first thing. Of course, it depends on our flight's departure time, and the expected travel time to the airport.

Archived