Need help for hotels close to Parc Güell!!!

We are going to a cruise departs @ Barcalona in September and we will be going one day earlier and we want to find a hotel that is close to Parc Güell, however, we really have no idea which 'section' of the city we should look at, they have Eixample, Les Corts, Sant Marti, Ciutat Vella for us to choose from. I have no clue at all, can anyone help? Thanks a lot! :)

We are going to a cruise departs @ Barcalona in September and we will be going one day earlier and we want to find a hotel that is close to Parc Güell, however, we really have no idea which 'section' of the city we should look at, they have Eixample, Les Corts, Sant Marti, Ciutat Vella for us to choose from. I have no clue at all, can anyone help? Thanks a lot! :)

Go to Google and type in Hotels near Parc Guell.It is in the Gracia area.You will find a list of sites to look at. I would have given you some,nit I have no idea what you want or price point.Thios should help you out.

Go to Google and type in Hotels near Parc Guell.It is in the Gracia area.You will find a list of sites to look at. I would have given you some,nit I have no idea what you want or price point.Thios should help you out.

Thank you very much, Karen. Have done some search already. But I just talked to my friend who's been to Barcelona, she suggested me to stay in the more central area like close to La Rambla which has more to see. The reason why I want to stay near Parc Guell is because I only have one day pre-cruise in Barcelona and I want to see the park, but my friend said Parc Guell is not close to other attractions. So, now I still haven't decided which area to book, do you have any suggestions?

Check tripadvisor.com for hotels, rates and reviews from other travelers. If you end up staying in the central area, Parc Guell is easily reached by the metro, bus or cab. If time is short, a cab is the best way to get you right to the main entrance to the park and back. Barcelona is a beautiful city. Have fun!

We spent 1 1/2 days in Barcelona post cruise and stayed at the Hotel 1898...amazing Las Ramblas location...For a great overview of Barcelona we did the HOHO bus...

I have compiled a list of hotels in Barcelona. You can see details on how to see it in this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1659827

There are 2 hotels near Parc Guell

Catalonia Parc Guell and Travessera. A little further away is Ronda Lesseps.

As others have said, there is no need to stay near the park. You can stay in another area and travel to the park easily when you want to visit it.

The area you choose depends if you want to be right at the heart of things near Las Ramblas or Plaza Catalunya (this will be busier and more noisy) or a little further away from the centre but still in walking distance. You also have the option of staying near the beach and travelling to the sights from there.

When choosing an area I would recommend looking for somewhere that has a metro station nearby. You might even like to look at a metro map to see if it is on a line which will take you to the places you want to go to without too many changes.

When looking at my hotel list you will see under the comments people have made a lot of details on location.

Thank you very much, Karen. Have done some search already. But I just talked to my friend who's been to Barcelona, she suggested me to stay in the more central area like close to La Rambla which has more to see. The reason why I want to stay near Parc Guell is because I only have one day pre-cruise in Barcelona and I want to see the park, but my friend said Parc Guell is not close to other attractions. So, now I still haven't decided which area to book, do you have any suggestions?

You have been given some good advice here on this board.Try checking out the Hotel Colon,Le Meridien,and a few other's as well.It is an easy taxi ride to the Parc.I replied to your question as I thought this is what you wanted.I don't like to add extra advice when not asked for.:D No matter...enjoy your stay in BCN.

Archived