Tips for snagging 2 for 1 deals on Specialty Restaurants?

4getmenot

I have seen some discussion of the 20% discounts, bundle of 3/bundle of 5 and 2 for 1 deals but just wanted to know how to maximize my chances of snagging a deal.

I will definitely check the dailies religiously. Some folks have reported being offered these deals while eating at Oceanview cafe or Bistro on 5. Of course I wouldn't spend all the at one of those places just to save $50 but it will definitely be a factor if I am trying to decide between room service or one of the dining rooms. Are there any other places (like the MDR) where I can find the deal?

When we were on Silhouette in May we went to Murano on the first night and asked what kind of deal they could offer and we got a 2 for 1.

As far as Tuscan Grille and Qsine were concerned, on that particular cruise, they had waiters standing near the Select Dining queue on almost every night offering two for one.

You didn't have to make any effort at all but I'm sure it's not the same on every cruise.

It might have been caused by the price rise because this didn't happen last year on Eclipse where the best offer we came across was 20% (and that was on the first night in Tuscan).

If bookings are slow, you'll get a deal by talking to any of the specialty restaurant staff. They usually have a table setup outside of the buffet area most days. In our experience, the more they staff the table, the weaker the bookings are and the better chance you'll have of a deal.

Port days (particularly overnights in ports) are especially good times for deals.

Our maitre d' came over to our table and offered the deal! We had no interest in going but a few others at our table took them up on it. We are among the apparently rare few who have never had a meal at Murano that was worth the extra $$$. We do enjoy the fun of Qsine, however.

We were on Infinity in April and on our first night in Blu were offered 2 for 1 dining in Qsine for the following night. At that price well worth a visit. Thereafter the best thing to do is attend either the cookery demos or the backstage kitchen visits as they always offered 20% discounts afterwards.

The Maitre 'd for each restaurant is given a sales goal for each cruise and are judged on whether or not they make the goal. They use special promotions when their numbers seem to be falling short. Thus, the "deal" depends on how many places they need to sell to meet their goal. Sometimes they don't need to use price reductions, sometimes they must.

Thanks for all the info. Just one more question - when there is a deal available, do you have to decide on the spot or can you check the MDR/Blu menu first? Do they give you some sort of coupon?

Thanks for all the info. Just one more question - when there is a deal available, do you have to decide on the spot or can you check the MDR/Blu menu first? Do they give you some sort of coupon?

On the Summit two weeks ago, they had a table set up with 2 for 1 deal and you had to sign up on the spot. This table was set up near the cafe - close to the pool in the afternoon towards the end of our cruise. No coupons. It was for Qsine only (I think).

Archived