Sojourn Laundry Question

John Cruise

This would be my first cruise with Seabourn and I am not sure of their

laundry policy.

Holland America has a laundry bag you fill and send out. Does Sojourn

have the same type of laundry service?

Would appreciate your help.

JC

Yes Seabourn has a full laundry/pressing/dry cleaning service. Put stuff in bag and give to suite stewardess in morning. Will be delivered following evening, or same day evening if you pay surcharge. Prices quite reasonable. If you have a lot of laundry you can pack as much as possible into one of their laundry bags and they will wash/dry for $50.

There is also self service launderette/laundromat for which there is no charge - 4 washers, 4 dryers, 2 irons, and, some claim, opportunties for viewing amazing cat fights over whose turn it is to use the drier! Although I never have - always found everybody charming.

We recently returned from a wonderful voyage on the Odyssey and used the laundry service a few times....it was great! We did the "laundry in a bag" option and tossed in items that we would normally dry clean (my husbands khakis and button down shirts) - they came out beautifully clean and pressed. I wholeheartedly recommend the service.

We had "under two day" service.....if we put our bag outside our door before 10am, the clothing was returned by the following afternoon, well before dinner. Honestly they did such a beautiful job with our clothes that I wanted to bring the crew home with us:)

We recently returned from a wonderful voyage on the Odyssey and used the laundry service a few times....it was great! We did the "laundry in a bag" option and tossed in items that we would normally dry clean (my husbands khakis and button down shirts) - they came out beautifully clean and pressed. I wholeheartedly recommend the service.

So if you put something that normally would be ironed after washing in the $50 bag does it come back ironed ...ready to wear.

I undwestand that PJs, underwear, T-shirts and the like would just be washed and folded, but washable shorts, slacks and shirts, are they returned ironed?

It seems like absolutely everything is ironed! My husbands grey cotton work out t-shirts came back pressed on hangers, and his button down shirts, khakis and some of my cotton blouses all came back on hangers perfectly pressed - they do a fabulous job....Everything else (undies and socks) are folded in a wicker basket wrapped with tissue....a lovely presentation:)

I can confirm it is exactly as Morneau says, stuff as much as you can in the bag, put it out before 10.00 am, it comes back next day ironed, on hangers, or folded as appropriate. Excellent service, only ever had better in Taj Palace Mumbai, or Park Hyatt, Dubai.

Don't forget to tuck in a thank you note and some candies or cookies. I usually bring some of the individually wrapped Oreo packs and stuff them in. These chaps work very hard so it's a nice touch. And don't forget to mention the service on your cruise evaluation.

Thanks everyone, glad to hear this as we get three bags free on our Viking cruise. The laundry service has always been good on Seabourn, but in the past has add up since we travel light and I don't iron!:)

Thanks everyone, glad to hear this as we get three bags free on our Viking cruise. The laundry service has always been good on Seabourn, but in the past has add up since we travel light and I don't iron!:)

Me too!...I would NEVER pay $50.00 per bag!:rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:

Archived