Half Moon Cay must do activity!!!

dvdkndy

Well I tried a 2nd time today and got turned down again. I then responded back and asked why i see people posting that this was done for them but I was turned down. Told them I am just trying to understand the process....I got an email back with in 30 minutes saying #8 was reserved for my stay! :D

Hey! We'll be neighbors, we'll be in cabana 7. I emailed them this morning and explained about a problem I have where location is an issue and they responded in just a couple of hours that while they normally don't reserve in advance, they would, given my condition. Given what I was reading here, I figured it'd be hit or miss whether they'd reserve or not. Go us! :D

Oh, and you're probably the reason they put us in 7 instead of 8 hahahaha

Hey! We'll be neighbors, we'll be in cabana 7. I emailed them this morning and explained about a problem I have where location is an issue and they responded in just a couple of hours that while they normally don't reserve in advance, they would, given my condition. Given what I was reading here, I figured it'd be hit or miss whether they'd reserve or not. Go us! :D

Oh, and you're probably the reason they put us in 7 instead of 8 hahahaha

LOL sorry about that ;) I am happy we will be neighbors!

When I first posted this question, I had no idea that I would be booking the cabana and also that the thread would be getting this much attention. After reading the replies and seeing what people had to say, I think I made a great choice to book the cabana. Then I saw the post about reserving one and I sent them an email on Saturday night. I just got this message back:

Dear David,

Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Lines. We have received your e-mail message and appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

We have reserved Cabana # 11 for you. Please see the Shore Excursion Desk as soon as you board to collect your ticket.

Regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Line

Who knew that when I posted the question that we would all be getting the help we needed. Thank you so much for your responses and I assure you that I will post pics when I get back! You guys are awesome!

#11 HERE I COME....in 56 days! :(

My son and I went sailiing in a little just over the size of a pram. He'd not sailed in a long time. I was flying along in a good wind and he decided to try. He had so much fun! "I'll think we'll keep going and sail around the world!" "What, now you think you're Magellan?"

Side story--getting off the elevator in the hotel the morning of the cruise the door closed on him. He was 11 at the time. A man helped him since the door wouldn't open. The man saw him on the ship and called out to him "Hey, Otis!"

Since that trip we started calling him Otis Magellan as a joke. At 22 he was a youth pastor with an office for the first time. I went to Office Deport and had a desk name plate made for him that said Otis Magellan. He proudly put it on his desk and had to explain our silly story to everyone. We still laugh about it.

I just got this from Carnival this morning. Thanks dst for bringing this to our attention. This is my first time going to Half Moon Cay and I'm sure it is going to be a blast. :D

Good Morning Edward

Thanks for contacting Tour Operations with your inquiry.

Not a problem I will reserve cabana 12 for you for the 9-15-12, please check in at the shore excursion desk upon your arrival on the Liberty.

We look forward to having you on board with us and wish you a Happy Sailing!

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

I just got this from Carnival this morning. Thanks dst for bringing this to our attention. This is my first time going to Half Moon Cay and I'm sure it is going to be a blast. :D

Good Morning Edward

Not a problem I will reserve cabana 12 for you for the 9-15-12, please check in at the shore excursion desk upon your arrival on the Liberty.

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

This what mine says no date or ship name

Good Morning Karen

Not a problem I will reserve cabana 13 for you, please check in at the shore excursion desk apon arrival.

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

This what mine says no date or ship name

Good Morning Karen

Not a problem I will reserve cabana 13 for you, please check in at the shore excursion desk apon arrival.

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

K922 mines do not have a date on it, but it do have the name of the ship. I'm not worrying about it because I'm still going to head over to the shore excursion desk as soon as I get on the ship.

Seems we may have overloaded the agents..........for those not traveling in the next few weeks; I would wait a bit and try again

sorry guys, I tried to help ;)

Don't apologize...you did good! :)!

Well I tried a 2nd time today and got turned down again. I then responded back and asked why i see people posting that this was done for them but I was turned down. Told them I am just trying to understand the process....I got an email back with in 30 minutes saying #8 was reserved for my stay! :D

Andie...good job & congratulations! Since you'll have my cabana a month & a half before I do (:D;))...would you please come back here when you return & let me know how it is? I'm going to subscribe to this thread in that eventuality!

Many Thanks!

Andie...good job & congratulations! Since you'll have my cabana a month & a half before I do (:D;))...would you please come back here when you return & let me know how it is? I'm going to subscribe to this thread in that eventuality!

Many Thanks!

I will try my hardest to find the thread and post back. I will probably do some sort of review when we get back also so watch for that.

SCORE!!! Thanks everyone for the heads up you could do this! I emailed them, just asking for anything higher than 7. Here's the response I thought y'all might be interested in :

Good Morning Shawn.

Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Lines and giving us the opportunity to be of assistance to you.

We can certainly assist you with your request. There are 15 cabanas on Half Moon Cay. Numbers 1-6 are in a slightly busier section of the beach while 7-15 are a little further down and less crowded. For some reason #10 seems to be the most requested cabana. I would be happy to forward this correspondence on to the Shore Excursion Team on board the Ecstasy and they will put cabana #10 aside for you. Please visit them at the Shore Excursion desk when you board the ship for your cruise to finalize your booking and collect your ticket.

Please let me know if you are happy with Cabana #10.

Kind Regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

And of course I said #10 would be great! I'm so excited I can't wait for November to get here!!!!!

Shawn

Here is my update....

I first sent an e-mail to the shore excursions department on Saturday, they responded within 24 hrs saying that No, you cannot reserve a specific cabana number until you actually board.

I re-submitted my e-mail yesterday (Monday) and received a YES response this morning for #12.

Go figure..

Oliver

This thread has some really good information!!! We are booked on the Fascination for Sept 1st and have secured a cabana rental (I feel so lucky...it was the last one!!!) ... So I sent Carnival an email hoping to be able to reserve cabana 10....or at least one of the higher numbered ones. We'll see....I'll let you know just as soon as I hear back from them.

Again...thanks for all the info....:)

Don't apologize...you did good! :)!

I agree. Not your fault they are inconsistent

I am glad I could help........

Always happy to share knowledge with fellow cruisers :D

I will try my hardest to find the thread and post back. I will probably do some sort of review when we get back also so watch for that.

Oh good, thanks very much! I look forward to it...hope you have a great time! :D!

Archived