Half Moon Cay must do activity!!!

dvdkndy

I called Carnival today as suggested to see if I could book the cabana for an excursion for HMC. Our cruise is not until May 2013. The only excursions that show up for our cruise at this time, are 1 for Nassau, and 3 for GT, none listed for HMC. The rep I spoke with said the only way to book a cabana is online. She said if it isn't listed then it is already sold out, or it just hasn't been listed yet to be purchased. Since there are only 4 excursions listed for the entire trip, I am guessing that they just have not opened all of the excursions up for booking yet. I plan on checking daily to watch for the cabanas to be listed.

I dont think that renting a cabana is a must do activity on HMC. I think the best activity you can do is be with your loved ones on the most beautiful place on earth. There is no cost for this.;) We loved HMC, pulled our chairs into the shade, but never got out of the water.

For everyone else - simply send an email to shoreexcursions@carnival.com and they will assist you; we have done this for several years and they have always been more than willing to help. We just give them our confirmation number, the ship and which cabana we would like - as you can see from the above post, we like the last one #15

Happy sailing

_____

Debi

Thank you for sharing!!

For everyone else - simply send an email to shoreexcursions@carnival.com and they will assist you; we have done this for several years and they have always been more than willing to help. We just give them our confirmation number, the ship and which cabana we would like - as you can see from the above post, we like the last one #15

Happy sailing

_____

Debi

Wow, thanks very much for this....like everyone else, I thought I had to wait until I boarded the ship :o....even though I have priority embarkation, this is much better! I just sent an email, but because it's Sunday, I probably won't hear back until Tuesday at the earliest.

Wow, thanks very much for this....like everyone else, I thought I had to wait until I boarded the ship :o....even though I have priority embarkation, this is much better! I just sent an email, but because it's Sunday, I probably won't hear back until Tuesday at the earliest.

You are quite welcome, I am sure not a lot of people do it - we got the tip from our PVP who we have used for eight years :)

Let's hope they don't stop it now since all of us know about it ;)

Thanks for that info. I just rented a cabana yesterday and that would be great...just one less thing to stand in line for.

Good Luck -

We also have never gone to the desk and waited for our ticket as the email instructed, they usually just leave it in our cabin like the other excursions.....I'm on vacation and head directly to the Lido for an adult beverage :D

Good Luck -

We also have never gone to the desk and waited for our ticket as the email instructed, they usually just leave it in our cabin like the other excursions.....I'm on vacation and head directly to the Lido for an adult beverage :D

:D;):D. Like.

Absolutely incredible... :D...at 11:02 AM I got an email confirmation that I have cabana #8 for my 10/5/2012 cruise. I just sent the email at 8:15 AM!!!

Oh happy day!

Absolutely incredible... :D...at 11:02 AM I got an email confirmation that I have cabana #8 for my 10/5/2012 cruise. I just sent the email at 8:15 AM!!!

Oh happy day!

Now that's customer service :D

Congrats - enjoy your cabana

Oh happy day!

I sent mine last night and have not heard back yet. Fingers Crossed I will hear today.

DST, I am trying this too. Thank you sooo much for the help. :D:D

Good Luck

I sent mine last night and have not heard back yet. Fingers Crossed I will hear today.

fingers crossed - you'll hear something

Carnival is going to black list me from all future excursions after this :eek:

Now that's customer service :D

Congrats - enjoy your cabana

You betcha' :D! That was outstanding!

Based on the fact that I heard back in under 3 hours. CC'er Don'tTreadOnMe also heard back already...check your "sent mail"...& make sure you typed the address correctly. Good luck!

Take care of my vacation home!!!:D

I sure will...happily! :);).

On another note...based upon this happy surprise...I'm wondering if we can use the same mechanism to pick our cabanas at Grand Turk? Any thoughts? :confused:

On another note...based upon this happy surprise...I'm wondering if we can use the same mechanism to pick our cabanas at Grand Turk? Any thoughts? :confused:

I was wondering the same thing, though I am not sure that it matters as much at Grand Turk. Since they are all ringing the pool I guess the only question is how close to the flowrider?

just wondering how far people have walked along the shoreline? last time i got a chair and layed in the water all day..loved it

I can't seem to wake up enough this morning to comprehend some things!:eek:

Please clarify---did you take one of the lounge chairs out INTO the edge of the water and sit there? That sounds exactly like what I would like to do, with the waves gently rolling around me! What materials are the chairs made from; okay to have in water several hours?

At the far end, are there plenty of trees to move your chair to if you need to move it out of the water and have some shade?

I was wondering the same thing, though I am not sure that it matters as much at Grand Turk. Since they are all ringing the pool I guess the only question is how close to the flowrider?

Good point lol...I'm hoping for one near the flowrider, but it's not a huge deal...they're actually all pretty close.

Thanks DST, Carnival emailed me back and they said they will foward this corrospondance onto there Shore Excursion Team . They said they will set aside cabana # 10 for us. I still need to check in when I board to give them more info. shoe size, drinks, ect. I will still try to be one of the first cruisers onboard just in case it falls through. Thanks again, Marla

Thanks DST, Carnival emailed me back and they said they will foward this corrospondance onto there Shore Excursion Team . They said they will set aside cabana # 10 for us. I still need to check in when I board to give them more info. shoe size, drinks, ect. I will still try to be one of the first cruisers onboard just in case it falls through. Thanks again, Marla

I still have not heard anything back. :(

Archived