Halifax vs. Peggy's Cove

After weeks of reading these threads it seems that the town of Halifax is quite lovely and a great city to explore when in port. There is also a lot of hubbub about Peggy's Cove.

What does Peggy's Cove offer that the town of Halifax does not. If it's my first time in this area I would think seeing the town I stop in supercedes running off to another... ?

Just a thought.

Peggy's Cove is (when not overrun with tourists) an iconically beautiful little fishing cove. It is worth spending a few minutes there sometime. I have every confidence that you will want to come back and visit Nova Scotia on a land trip. So for this time I would suggest that you stay in Halifax if that interests you. There is more to see and do in the waterfront and downtown area than you can possibly do in a day.

If you've not been to Peggy's Cove, why not rent a car and go there. When we left Peggy's Cove last year, we stopped at a cute little restaurant (opposite direction back to ship) and had a fabulous lobster roll and fish lunch outside on their deck.

Halifax is city, the route to Peggy's Cove is not. IMO it's worth a visit once. Very unique.

On the other hand, Halifax has plenty to fill a day in port.

Archived