Wedding in November, what to do about hair?

We're getting married on November 10th in Ft Lauderdale, Florida, on the ship. This falls on a Saturday. What can I do about getting my hair done? I don't believe it the ship does this for us. My concern is finding a salon open early enough to ensure I can get it done and still make the wedding on time. It's especially hard to plan this when the time for the wedding is still undetermined.

Anyone have any suggestions or hints for dealing with this?

Thank you,

Jen.

Shave it and purchase a wig!:D

Seriously, it's something that is bothering you, so your sister is right to find someone on land to take care of the final coffure, and then make sure that you are in a car to the terminal..........and you can board up until 3PM. So, maybe shoot for 2:30 PM where there is no line, and you can go right to your cabin.

Even better, have your luggage delivered in the late morning, and if you have a suite, it should be there when you arrive.

Good luck, congratulations on your wedding, and hopefully you two will have a wonderful life!:);)

Rick

Sorry, I'm having trouble following - Rick, I've read OP's post 4 times and nowhere did she mention a sister? Why did you? Confused. :p

OP, is this on embarkation day? What ship are you on? You know there is a muster drill and then sailaway to contend with - who is officiating, the Captain? He's a little busy, isn't he? No offense intended. I'd assume your wedding is in the evening, then?

I'd recommend you post on the Florida board; there are several locals there who would know of a salon or two to choose from close to the pier. Perhaps you can phone them and book something.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495 <--click here for Florida board

Bless you on your marriage.

Sorry, I'm having trouble following - Rick, I've read OP's post 4 times and nowhere did she mention a sister? Why did you? Confused. :p

OP, is this on embarkation day? What ship are you on? You know there is a muster drill and then sailaway to contend with - who is officiating, the Captain? He's a little busy, isn't he? No offense intended. I'd assume your wedding is in the evening, then?

I'd recommend you post on the Florida board; there are several locals there who would know of a salon or two to choose from close to the pier. Perhaps you can phone them and book something.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495 <--click here for Florida board

I didn't realize there was a Florida board, that certainly makes sense. Yes, this is on embarkation date. Ship is Liberty of the Seas. Wedding occurs before the ship sets sail. This allows others to attend to wedding that aren't cruising. Hopefully someone on the Florida board has experience with this.

Thanks,

Jen

The ship also has to be docked to have a valid marriage license. They can't have you sailing through other counties during the ceremony. ;):D

Or so we were told. We were married on a small, local ship by the Captain. We then set sail for the reception onboard.

The county recorder office was quite strict about the "at dock" requirement.

Best wishes on your upcoming wedding. I am sure there are nearby salons that can accomodate you first thing in the morning. :D

If you don't get leads on the Florida forum, check Yelp and similar for reviews of FLL hair sylists, call top three and request bids for a wedding stylist(s) to come to your hotel or the ship--provide as much detail re: date, time, location, your wishes, any other bridal party members who may want services, etc. Working odd hours on site is part of the biz!

Also, be sure to ask the Royal wedding coordinator...it would surprise me to learn the salon wouldn't want to accommodate you.

Best wishes on your wedding and honeymoon cruise!

We're getting married next month on board, prior to departure. Talk to your wedding coordinator - they should be able to give you a list of salons in the area. You could also try going to "The Knot" website and looking at the Florida boards. That's where I found someone who will come to our hotel early in the morning so I can have my hair done prior to boarding the ship at 10:30am.

Check Easihair on line - they have some reasonably price elegant clip in updos that would take about a minute to put in your hair. There are numerous web sites for similiar products just search for wedding updos or formal hair updos and you will get numerous sites such as wigs dotcom for wigs and clip ins.

try asking on the wedding boards. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

The ship also has to be docked to have a valid marriage license. They can't have you sailing through other counties during the ceremony.

No. This is not always true. There are ways around this requirement. DH and I were married at sea without a scrap of land in sight and our license was perfectly legal and valid. We've got the marriage certificate to prove it. The green arrow on this map is where we were married according to our marriage certificate-> 22° 24'N 84° 53'W

Archived