HMC - anyone bring an umbrella?

Bibble

I put this on the Carnival thread too, hoping to get any answer:

I believe this has been discussed here before, but I can’t find it, and I can’t remember the answer.

Has anyone ever brought their own beach umbrella to Half Moon Cay? My mother likes to sit right by the water, and needs shade, but likes to see what’s going on around her (rather than the clamshell). I’m not talking the big heavy duty kind with the 2” wide pole, but the kind you can pick up for $9.99 at CVS with the narrow pole.

Thanks for any experience anyone can share!

I bought two beach umbrellas at five below for $5.00 each last weekend to use for our 4th of July parade. They worked perfect and we are going to put them in our suitcase to use when we visit Half Moon Cay in December.

I was going to take our beach umbrellas when we visited HMC in May, but decided at the last minute I didn't want to fool with them. (We were flying and would have had to check them.)

As it turned out, the umbrellas would have been useful because it was drizzly the whole day we were at HMC!

But, if I had to do it again, I would have brought the umbrellas for shade. There is some shade of the trees, but it's pretty far from the main area (e.g. food, bars, protected swim area) and it's far from the shoreline, so your mother may not want to go there. Otherwise, there is no shade at all and, like your mother, I like to sit near the water and I have to be in shade.

I would definitely recommend taking the umbrellas. There's plenty of space on the beach for you to put these up so that they are not a bother to others.

I answered your question on the Carnival board but in case you don't see it I'll say again that my SIL is bringing two clip-on-the-chair-type umbrellas in her suitcase for us to use specifically at HMC. Better safe than sorry!:D

I answered your question on the Carnival board but in case you don't see it I'll say again that my SIL is bringing two clip-on-the-chair-type umbrellas in her suitcase for us to use specifically at HMC. Better safe than sorry!:D

I saw it - thank you!

We drive to port, it's not a huge deal.

I'd definitely prefer to be safe where my mom is concerned. I'm "sure" she'll find shade, but "just in case...".

Thank you all!

Archived