Electricity and other questions...

tiernsee

Thought I'd better start getting things together and realised there are a few things I don't know, over to you seasoned IErs for some advice please:

Electricity - is it standard 3-pin plugs or do I need to take a travel adaptor?

Are there kettles in the cabin?

Morocco - we are stopping in Tangiers, sorted out Euros but then realised, of course, that Morocco has a different currency. Does anyone know if Euros are accepted or if I should get some Moroccan currency? Does the ship have currency exchange facilities?

Any advice re children's club - my 7 year old loved the children's club on Ocean Village so we are hoping IE is just as good.

Can you drink the water in the cabin or is bottled water better?

Think that is it for now, thanks for any advice prople can give.

Hi tiernsee, sure the regulars will be able to advise you better, but can tell you you'll need a travel adapter, there was a socket for the round two pin ones, 220 v, and also the flat american type ones, 110 v.

No kettles in cabins.

Euro's are accepted in Tangiers, but again others will be able to advise you better.

No clue about the kids club.

We always used bottled water just to be on the safe side, there is also iced water from the dispensers in the restaurant available 24 hours.

Hope this is of some help

The water in the cabins is safe to drink...probably the same as in the restaurants....but we drank bottled water (you can buy it cheaply at various ports usually in the terminal shops ... I got some from close to the shuttle stop in Malaga for 1e per bottle)

Kids club seemed to be quite good,,, always plenty in there and they had some meals together and went to a show together.....seemed to be well organised.

We bought cold drinks in Tangier with euros ...no problem.

Tea and coffee available 24/7 in the buffet and there are several varieties of tea (Lemon, Camomile, etc.) and decaff coffee.

Thanks so much for the replies - better start looking for the travel adaptors, my BB comes with a very nifty plug that you can change the back and slot in the European pins, also works for the Kindle. However other items will need an adaptor.

Been out shopping today, got daughter clothes and shoes for the cruise, also got some of the Tesco luggage offer they are doing - still quite expensive even with the vouchers but certainly better quality than my usual suitcases - now worried that we will be surrounded by a sea of Wenger cases and not able to identify ours!

Getting quite excited now - just over two weeks to go :D

Had both types of sicker in our cabin , 2 pin round and 2 pin flat .

Water is safe to drink like JW said but does have a slight taste to it so like JW said we bought bottles in the port as cheaper than on ship ( £2.05 on ship I think )

Morocco is one of those countries who don't let their currency out of there country. Again like JW said they will accept euros and I think in the 'island chat' they put in your cabin the night before tangier you will find more info.

Enjoy your cruise , she's a wonderful ship with a crew who are friendly and helpful.

We also got the wenger suitcases from Tesco. I am going to ribbon round the handles so I can tell which are ours. We are flying from Newcastle on the 24th:) maybe we can start a wenger convention:D

We're flying from Exeter. When we went on the OV we checked our luggage in at the airport and didn't see it again till the cabin - is this how IE works or do we have to collect at Palma?

So far have the 24" suitcase and the garment carrier, am considering the travel bag next though son wants messenger bag for his laptop.

Still thinking about excursions, not sure whether to prebook or wait till we are on the ship.

See you on the 24th!!

Hi Tiernsee,

When you arrive at the port, you will be ushered through to the bookings in area where you will be given an envelope with all your cards and luggage labels after checking in you will have a phototaken then shown your cases where you will put the label on then the cases are whisked off to your room .

As for bookings wait until your on the ship..the weeks we went there was always places to be had.

Hi I have another question. We get into Palma very early, flying from Stansted at 6am. Will we be able to get on the ship or have to kill a few hours first after they have transferred us to the port??

Sheila

Straight onto the ship, we flew early as well, in fact there were lots of early flights.....our cabin was ready and there was plenty of time to go ashore in Palma if you want to as ship doesn't sail until 10.30 ish.....just lifeboat drill to do at, I think, 4.00 pm..may have been 5.00 pm so make sure you're there for that...there is another at 10.00 pm ish if you miss the early one. :)

We flew from stanstead at 540 am. We landed at 9 and after collecting our luggage and clearing customs we got straight on the coach for the island escape. Just ask the attendants and they point u in the right direction. Sat on the coach for a short while before being driven straight to the terminal. Collected envelope etc as RR says and then straight onto ship. Cabin ready. Keep some day stuff in your hand luggage just Incase ur case is a little later getting to ur cabin, then the rest of the day is yours to either look round Palma or the shipor both. Drill was at 5 and sail away 11ish.

Can't wait to go back again :D

Archived