GEM REVIEW: 6/30/12. Cabanas, GSC, Chef's Table, VIP, and more!

purrfect007

Hi...no, the Chef's table is really for adults. The food is not at all kid friendly, and it's a pretty exclusive gathering. It was SUPERB, our kids stayed in the room and watched a DVD and had pizza. The kids club was a huge disappointment, but that's because we vacationed with Disney in the past. Nothing can come close to what Disney offers to kids. But, even so, our guys had a great time. At 11 and 12, they could take their own room key and explore the ship.

Let me know if I can help with anything else!!:):)

Just a FYI, we did our first cruise with the kids when our oldest were 9 and 11, on DCL, and they HATED the kids club (the 4 and 6 year olds loved it). Our next cruise was on NCL - our 7 year olds liked the kids club, our 9 year old tolerated it, our 12 year old hated it, and our 14 year old hooked up with a bunch of new bff's. I've found that, no matter where you are, the clubs aren't the best for the 10 - 12 year old crowd.

Thanks for the review, we are sailing on the Gem Easter week 2013 but our stops are the 9-night Caribbean cruise! Looking forward to reserving a cabana on GSC and will look into the Comfort Suites so we can visit Atlantis when we cruise on the Breakaway next Thanksgiving, I'm sure Atlantis will be a ZOO!

Archived